Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the Canadian Yamaha site calls it "Reddish Yellow" and there's still no mention on the US Yamaha site... post your pics of the yellow beauty here!
IMG_20141026_113357_729.jpg
IMG_20141026_113142_456.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I prefer Cadmium, wish I could edit the thread title...

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I remember looking for WHITE (yes, 100% white OEM fairings) for my 09 R6, and it was called BLUISH WHITE COCKTAIL. what gives? Haha keep this pics coming I like!
Wikipedia says Cadmium is a soft bluish-white metal...where does the yellow color come from?

·
Registered
957 Posts
I like the look of it but I wouldn't want it for myself living where I live. This here is Steelers country, and I'm not much of a football fan. Something about the idea of owning a bike all decked out in Pittsburgh Steelers colors when I don't follow the team doesn't sit right with me.

·
Banned
739 Posts
I like the look of it but I wouldn't want it for myself living where I live. This here is Steelers country, and I'm not much of a football fan. Something about the idea of owning a bike all decked out in Pittsburgh Steelers colors when I don't follow the team doesn't sit right with me.
As a Browns fan living in Cleveland, I agree with you 100%.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Reactions: Jeramotion

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wikipedia says Cadmium is a soft bluish-white metal...where does the yellow color come from?
Cadmium is used in pigments, artists paints, like cadmium blue or cad yellow. FYI, proven to cause cancer in the state of California.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I feel like Yamaha has some kind of fixation with making all their colors involve "Bluish"

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Cadmium sulfide is a yellow artists pigment
From Wikipedia "Cadmium pigments are a class of pigments that have cadmium as one of the chemical components. Most of cadmium produced worldwide is used in the production of nickel-cadmium batteries, but about half the remaining consumption, which is about 2,000 tons annually, is used to produce colored cadmium pigments. The principal pigments are a family of yellow/orange/red cadmium sulfides and sulfoselenides as well as compounds with metals other than Cd."[1]

Looks like all the bike colors are in the family of cadmium...except the liquid graphite, the original :cool:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Cadmium, in the oil paint world, implies a really strong pigment... probably using Cadmium to augment the color... there's Cad Yellow; Cad Red and others. Go to an art supply store and look at the paints... the Cad based paints are really strong, vibrant colors.

Very expensive usually so it's probably "in the name only". Hard to imagine Yamaha using a real Cad Yellow Paint.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Cadmium, in the oil paint world, implies a really strong pigment... probably using Cadmium to augment the color... there's Cad Yellow; Cad Red and others. Go to an art supply store and look at the paints... the Cad based paints are really strong, vibrant colors.

Very expensive usually so it's probably "in the name only". Hard to imagine Yamaha using a real Cad Yellow Paint.
I'm still searching for the Cad Y-CCT. :)

1 - 20 of 173 Posts