Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh wow...first "mod." I just put OES sliders on the front and back (really a foot apart in the front).

Is there anything else we can do to further protect the bike? I'm happy something is now on the bike. I'm not sure how much protection the bike has in the event of a drop.

Have you guys done anything beyond the front/rear sliders? Are there true rear sliders that are further back on the bike? Thanks :)

·
Registered
883 Posts
Agree with the other responders before me. Protect the FZ-09 from a low speed or no speed drop. You started at the right place.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
A Radiator Guard adds a decent amount of protection for an area likely to hit ground if the bike goes over:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was going back and forth on the case covers. The case covers cost more than getting an actual replacement cover from Yamaha. Is there a benefit to having the more expensive case covers? I also wouldn't mind bar end sliders, but haven't seen those. Does anyone have a link for the bar end sliders?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I my opinion don't worry about the bar ends. The stock bar ends are of a weight that Yamaha thinks will damp vibration at the grips. As far as protecting the rest of the bike the stock ones will protect the rest of the bike about the same as the aftermarket sliders.

One of the ideas of the case protectors is to prevent oil leaks that would stop you from riding away after a drop. To me they are the 2nd logical bike protection, the kind of frame slider you already have being the first. Whether they make sense for you, I don't know. I will get the Woodcraft case protectors via Stoltec as soon as they are available. The Woodcrafts do have a replaceable part that takes the worst of the slide.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That makes sense. And of course I did one of those not moving drops and the damage was: clutch lever, some scratching on the case, some minor scratching on the bar end, and some even more minor scratching on the mirror. Any argument can really push me to buy the covers.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I have frame sliders and bar end installed. recently took delivery of Evotech fork and swing arm sliders along with a full set of GB Racing engine case protectors. Once those are installed it should be ready for the worst and the track.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts