Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So many slider packs out their.. right?? Well my rule is simple, I send a funky email to Vendors like OES, T-Rex etc. and see when and how they reply to make a choice who I trust with my GRocket.
T-Rex was out, simply because of the forum post and complete miss management of their product lines. Woodcraft I really loved, but I needed a pack of spools, forks and frame sliders... ergo OES Noah Hendricks got it. He was patience and answered my questions to the 'T', such as do sliders protect the transom and clutch housing. And as we all now they don't, but they do an excellent job for the frame and radiator etc.

Ok ok.. the order came in super-fast in 4 days, very neatly bubble wrapped and marked! Super simple install, it took me less then 30 minutes including laying down the GRocket for testing and pictures.

OES frame sliders installed plus a test drive in 38F weather
GRocket-SliderTestDrive.jpg

OES frame sliders pack
OES-SliderPack (1).jpg

OES frame sliders, right site
OES-SliderPack (2).jpg

OESframe sliders, left site (transom)
OES-SliderPack (3).jpg

OES fork & spools set (button)
OES-SliderPackSpollsFork.jpg

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
OK here are the additional pictures;

GRocket aka 09er needed a nap ;)
OES-SliderPack-GRocket.jpg

Left site.. we realy need a transom case cover, such as the ones from Woodcraft that have sliders on them
OES-SliderPack (6).jpg

Right site looks tight, but the rear break lever will get nicked.. again case sliders. Woodcraft I'm waiting...
UPDATE After a low-site on the right site, I can affirm that the brake lever broke of (~$70 part). However it save the entire right site! OES you guys ROCK!!
OES-SliderPack (8).jpg

·
Registered
835 Posts
Yeah, I think these are the ones I want to order. They look good and $125 for the full set including spools is a steal!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I think these are the ones I want to order. They look good and $125 for the full set including spools is a steal!
Indeed they are.. glad Noah OES is not getting full off himself to increase their profits :cool:

·
Registered
835 Posts
I just placed my order an hour ago and already have the tracking number for the package. That's some quick processing. I'm excited to get these installed.

Did you end up buying engine guards too?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Thanks for the review. My OES kit shipped incredibly quick and was delivered in 2 days. I am in Tucson and they came from TN. Haven't seen them yet because I'm at work but will be installing soon.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Holy crap!

Ordered the morning of April 4th (Friday) and they arrived today, April 7th (Monday).

Tennessee to Washington in 1.5 business days!

I'll report back once they're installed.

edit: did you use blue loctite on the sliders as the instructions list? Wouldn't proper torque work just as well?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just installed these this morning. Super quick delivery. Installed in minutes, even though the front pegs were mislabeled but no big deal. Instructions suggested 30-35 lb/ft so I did 30. It took a while for them to torque down. I wonder if that's cuz it's squeezing the plastic as it toques down? Look great and I'm glad my bike finally has some protection! $130 great price!

·
Super Moderator
4,374 Posts
So many slider packs out their.. right?? Well my rule is simple, I send a funky email to Vendors like OES, T-Rex etc. and see when and how they reply to make a choice who I trust with my GRocket.
Why is there that huge mound of soap suds behind your bike in the first photo?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Last year I had a hi-side, had full OES, fork, sliders & spools.

What a great deal !

Small dent in gas tank and a few scratches on brake lever & bar end.

Thanks OES !

Needless to say, I have new OES on bike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts