Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought OES full kit with 4 frame slider pucks, fork sliders and spools. Easiest install ever. Frame sliders were marked as to their exact location and installation instructions at oesaccesories.com were thorough and easy.

Can't believe I didn't find any thread locker residue on the stock motor mount bolts. Believe that's the first Yamaha or any bike that didn't have it.

They seem to be well made and a great value.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Literally JUST bought the full kit today after dropping my bike in the driveway (because I'm a dumbass). Glad to hear you're happy with them! I've heard from some others on here that they're great.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Good solution for the driveway drop. I highly recommend these. Best to install before you drop your bike...
I am happy with the t-Rex case covers. Also valuable for the driveway drop.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Once again, this thread is WORTHLESS without pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll work on pics. Was really just a plug for the product, and there are plenty of pics of other users' installs. But, another good excuse for glamor shots….

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good solution for the driveway drop. I highly recommend these. Best to install before you drop your bike...
I am happy with the t-Rex case covers. Also valuable for the driveway drop.
Yea, they were on the list, but let's just say they were expedited...

·
Registered
835 Posts
Literally JUST bought the full kit today after dropping my bike in the driveway (because I'm a dumbass). Glad to hear you're happy with them! I've heard from some others on here that they're great.
How do you like your new lever charm necklace?

·
Registered
835 Posts
HAH, sounds like someone's been on reddit...
I'm everywhere. Literally. At the same time!

-- OES Sliders are awesome, don't want to use them but if I need to they'll be ready!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I may sound like an *******, but balance is a part of motorcycling. I practice coming to a complete stop without putting my feet down for a second, it helps me stay sharp. Also, I can put my other foot on the peg before I leave a stop, as in both feet. Dangling my feet in motion is not an option for me (squid). I love my sport and want to master it. Being that in tune with your bike is an amazing feeling. You can practice it on a bicycle.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Most driveway drops are because of poor (lazy) technique. Often they are because the rider does not have the side stand down completely. (ask me how I know that). Every time, WATCH your side stand down to the fully extended position with your eyes. Only then do you WATCH your lowering the bike on to the fully extended side stand. I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard, " I heard it click, and then I lowered the bike and it fell over..."

1 - 20 of 37 Posts