Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

OES now offering rear axle mounted slider/spools

9K views 40 replies 12 participants last post by  troop 
#1 ·
And I got the first one!

They sent it to me as a trial run, and I would call it a success. Here is a picture of it compared to my woodcraft slider spools, mounted in the traditional position. The first thing I noticed is that they are about 3/4" recessed compared to the woodcraft, but will definitely protect the swingarm. The fit and finish of the entire OES kit is top notch, I also got the full frame sliders and front axle sliders as well. Top notch stuff, and amazing customer service. They called me to confirm my identity, and I asked if they considered a rear axle slider and they said "Yes, do you want our first one?" I said "F--- YEAH!"

Tire Automotive tire Auto part Automotive wheel system Wheel

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 ·
The spools have a separate rod that goes through the axle, since it's hollow. So just remove the spools and then remove the wheel as normal

#6 ·
Someone posted crash damage with the OES rear spools. Though bent, the spool didn't pull out and it did a good job of protecting his swingarm. YMMV

Reactions: 520FZ09
#21 ·
Ok, folks here it is, OES is updating the site and they are going to make rear axle sliders and they may look like the ones for the FZ-07. Site should be updated in a few hours per the phone conversation. They have not set the price on it as of yet, keep an eye out for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.