Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I got the first one!

They sent it to me as a trial run, and I would call it a success. Here is a picture of it compared to my woodcraft slider spools, mounted in the traditional position. The first thing I noticed is that they are about 3/4" recessed compared to the woodcraft, but will definitely protect the swingarm. The fit and finish of the entire OES kit is top notch, I also got the full frame sliders and front axle sliders as well. Top notch stuff, and amazing customer service. They called me to confirm my identity, and I asked if they considered a rear axle slider and they said "Yes, do you want our first one?" I said "F--- YEAH!"

2015-06-05 16.59.18.jpg

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
How do you take the rear wheel off with an axle mounted slider spool if you're using it as a spool?

Reactions: AK-VA and FZ09R

·
Registered
558 Posts
How do you take the rear wheel off with an axle mounted slider spool if you're using it as a spool?
The spools have a separate rod that goes through the axle, since it's hollow. So just remove the spools and then remove the wheel as normal

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Use the axle spools to put jack stands under the rear set and then remove or just use normal spools...

They are also looking into normal pucks for the rear axle to go with their spools

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Someone posted crash damage with the OES rear spools. Though bent, the spool didn't pull out and it did a good job of protecting his swingarm. YMMV

Reactions: 520FZ09

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
any update on this...the site does not show "rear axle slider" only offered for the front and no answer by phone, just keeps ringing.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just ordered a kit off Ebay. like $100 bucks with front sliders, frame sliders and rear sliders.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
already have the kit, spools, front axle slider and both frame sliders(front & rear) but as the OP stated they are now offering a "rear axle slider", that's what I want.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Why would you prefer the rear axle slider over the traditional?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
swingarm spools

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
yeap, that's what I thought but wasn't sure of "traditional". I'll give OES another call on Monday morning, hopefully they'll answer this time.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
yeap, just called them...got a voice mail this time. left my number and asked if they had the rear axle slider or if they planned on it. hopefully someone will return my call.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts