Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my FZ the first thing I did was purchase a full set of OES front/rear frame, front axle and rear spool sliders. I never thought I'd write one of these; but, I got a chance to test them out this past weekend :disgust: attached are some photos of the bike before I wiped all the dust/dirt off.

I ran a little wide on a left turn, hit some dirt and low sided the bike a short distance on pavement then into/up a small dirt embankment. The craziest part is that after going slightly up the dirt embankment went completely upside down on the left handlebars for a short period!

The front left slider took a few scuffs but the rear left slider took the brunt of the damage. The bolt bent where it meets the base of the slider and deformed the base with the metal insert. Luckily after a few wacks I straightened out the bolt and removed the slider without any damage to the engine mount and frame hole. My rear spools and front axle sliders had a few marks that look to have saved the swing arm and front forks as well.

Needless to say, a replacement slider is on its way and I can't wait to get back to it. The sliders without a doubt also saved my engine cases from any major damage and left my frame completely unscathed. A few bumps and bruises on the tank, plastics, seat, taillight and a broken peg but I'm very very thankful it wasn't any worse.

My bike didn't leak any fluid and I was able to ride it to enjoy some much needed apple pie & ice cream and ultimately an hour ride back home with just a peg stub. I hope to never have to write a post like this again; however, I wanted to share my experience and thank OES for making a product that truly works.

Oh ya one last thing ALWAYS GEAR UP. I can't emphasize this enough but if you know you're going to be riding at an quicker pace; suit up! I have my full suit to thank for a couple bruises and nothing more to share in terms of bodily damage.

P.S: Anyone got a left rearset or peg? I snapped the peg and the rearset bent inwards a bit; still usable but if anyone has OEM parts lying around please let me know, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident, glad you're okay.

I've got a pristine stock tail light, $30 shipped. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear about the accident, glad you're okay.

I've got a pristine stock tail light, $30 shipped. PM me if you're interested.
Thank for the kind words and offer. I've already sanded down the scuffs and threw some paint over it. It's good enough now as I plan to get a different tail down the line anyways.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a few more positive things to say about OES. In just a few days since my incident I had a new, well packaged slider in my hands :cool:

20160723_115258.jpg 20160802_163306.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts