Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,384 Posts
Harbor Freight is selling torque wrenches for $9.99 with a coupon. I believe they have the coupon mailers at the front door.
I bought two, a 3/8's and a 1/2", with an additional 20% off coupon for $18.00. I also picked up a 12 volt mini tire compressor and
a tire plug kit for $14.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you come to my place, I got all the tools needed. I live in El Segundo by LAX....it's a long ride thou :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
That's kinda true. If you are a police officer, federal agent etc. you are more than welcome to walk in the store with a gun. Otherwise it is prohibited. Me...I like packing heat when I'm picking up Fruit Loops for the kids, so you'll never see me at Costco.
I carry quite often, but thats not the point. You have the right to carry, and they don't support it. So i don't support them.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Harbor Freight Tools has a bunch in the $22 range.

Search results for: 'torque wrench'

Or Sears has some in the $40 price range.

Sears.com

If it costs you $20 bucks to rent one, you might as well just buy one. Then you will have it for other other 09 projects.

You will need one that works for 46 N.M (34 lbs-ft), if I recall the number correctly when I installed my SW-Motech frame sliders.

No Politics guys.... but is a political joke ok???

funny-political-jokes.jpg

·
Registered
239 Posts
OEM Yamaha Frame Sliders arrived! Anyone got a torque wrench to help me insta...

Isn't this thread about torque wrenches and frame sliders?

If you own a bike, you should own a torque wrench. +1 to what Rocky said.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I need to go get a set of digital torque wrenches. I don't like how mine is set up.

·
Registered
246 Posts
33 lb-ft I think. I know that the frame sliders I've ordered have instructions to use anti seize, some spec loctite. I ordered the Woodcraft frame sliders to match my Woodcraft axle sliders. I'll deal with the silver bolt protruding through the top of the slider puck after I get it installed. I have a fix to make it unnoticeable.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
33 lb-ft I think. I know that the frame sliders I've ordered have instructions to use anti seize, some spec loctite. I ordered the Woodcraft frame sliders to match my Woodcraft axle sliders. I'll deal with the silver bolt protruding through the top of the slider puck after I get it installed. I have a fix to make it unnoticeable.
+1 I just double check service manual, it is 33 lb-ft (45 Nm). The numbers I had were from the install instruction for the SW-Motel frame sliders.

http://shop.sw-motech.com/cosmoshop/artikelpdf/stp_06_590_10900_b.pdf

1/4", 3/8" & 1/2" torque wrench and you can safely work on anything.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts