Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends, How About Kilometres / Miles was possible wheels with the original tires?
My OEM Tires: Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I put about 3600 miles on the tires and the rear was getting near the tire indicator before I pulled them off. Since it is Winter conditions here in the Northeast I installed Michelin Road Pilot 4 tires for now. Will switch to Michelin Pilot Power 3's come Summer.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I got about 3k out of the rear before I cut it on something. On went a second Dunlop(junk) before the front got worn to replacement at around 5,500 miles. I replaced them both with Michelin PR3s and love 'em!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I got 4500 miles out of mine. Rear tire was shot but I probably could have gotten 5k miles out of the front.

I was consistently Commuting 3 days a week and spirited riding on the weekends

Replaced mine with pr3s as well. Don't think I'll be trying any other tire - these are the shit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Friends, How About Kilometres / Miles was possible wheels with the original tires?
My OEM Tires: Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport.
My OEM: 620 Miles.
I have a scheduled journey of 3800 Milles
I'm afraid that originas tires (rear) does not hold on.
I believe I'll have to change the Rear.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I got 5500 out of my Bridgestones. I put about 250 miles on the bike a week commuting to school and work with some spirited riding every other weekend or so. I replaced them with some Pilot Power 3s. Apparently those should outlast the S20s that were on the tire. We'll see.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I changed my rear S20 @ 6,000 kms. It was squared off in the middle - no tread left.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The OEM S20s lasted me about 5000+ miles- through the winter and spring- had plugged the rear at around 2 or 3k and though I could have used them for 1000 more miles at least, I switched to PR4s. I am at 8500+ miles.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My OEM Bridgestones lasted about 4500 miles, the wear indicator was showing on the rear and there was nearly no tread left, so I switched them out for Michelin Pilot Road 4's. The Michelin's are excellent, I personally like them better than the Bridgestones, the radius is slightly different making turning feel more stable.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
If you power wheelie, you will get 3,000 out of the rear. I yanked my OEM Dunlops at 1,000 miles because I did not trust them. 4,000 miles on my PR4's and still going strong.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My s-20's were totally shot at 2800 miles. Do I ride aggressively? Maybe :cool: Replaced with Dunlop Q3's and am very happy, how long they'll last?:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
They lasted 3000 miles of propper riding, that I ve put 1000 more miles commuting alog the motorway. I would not trust it anymore on hard acceleration

·
Registered
137 Posts
10000KM on the Dunlop's commuting everyday through winter, now have the Bridgestone T30's and they are a world of difference.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
I put 2 miles on mine before they came off.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Mine hit the wear bars before 3k. No problems with the tire or performance but I won't be putting another set on. PR4s or Angel GTs next.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also had 4509 "weekend fun" miles on my OEM Bridgestone S20 's. I was happy with the performance of the S20 but have been a Michelin Pilot Power fan on my sport bikes the last 15 years. A friend got 17k out of a set of Road 2's on his V-Strom and based on some other recommendations in other threads on this forum I went with the Michelin Pilot Road 4's. After 1300 miles of "Tennessee vacation mountain and Florida weekend fun" miles I am very happy with that choice. Turn in definitely felt a little slower initially but after a couple hundred miles I got used to it and love it now. No visible wear yet and the center still looks new. Hope to be reporting back after 10k or more on this set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts