Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aftermarket seals are advertised as superior and longer lasting than OEM - yay or nay?
Leak Proof Seals Pro Moly Fork Seals Lifetime GUARANTEE 5254 | eBay

Also, the part number for an individual fork seal is 4EB-23145-01-00
Various places on the internet have the entire kit for sale, which I assume includes dust seals as well. It's listed as 4EB-W003B-00-00, is this the same seal?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
This site list the oil seal and dust deal as two separate parts, but they may come as a kit from Yamaha.

2014 Yamaha FZ09 (FZ09ER) Front Fork | YamahaPartsPitstop.com

Some people say OEM fork seals and bearings are the best to get, other's swear by specific brands. I have heard to many bad things about the All Balls brand of products, so I would personally stay away from them. Probably a 50/50 good/bad mix of of reviews on Moose Racing bearings and seals. But of course there is always one person who swears they are greater than the invention of sliced bread, lol.

There is also a group that swears by these fork seal cleaner/savers. Where some crude caught in the seal is the cause of a leaky seal, and not a bad seal. It might be worth a try and see if it is just some dirt causing the leak.

Fix Leaking Fork Seals With | SealMate.net

Risk Racing Motorcoss | Seal Doctor - fixing leaky fork seals!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Leak proof seals SUCK..... never seen them last more than a few weeks. OEM for the reliability.

Reactions: TwoWheelNinja

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I've used the sealmate tool (and playing cards in a pinch) successfully many times but they only work if the leak is caused by dirt stuck under the seal. If you blew the seals by slamming the front end down from a wheelie one too many times, the sealmate won't help you.

Seals, bearings, gaskets, electrical components...stick with OEM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts