Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
unnamed.jpg

Just noticed these above the shifting and brake pedals. First instinct is my boots are responsible, but there is no trace of metal or plastic parts on the inner side of them, plus my pant leg covers where my leg would contact that part and they're just denim jeans. I also noticed that I have to consciously and awkwardly try to wedge my foot against the part while riding and mounting/dismounting in order to come in contact.

It's just weird to me that soft fabric could cut through the clear-coat and paint so deep, so I guess that's where i'm getting confused. Just wondering if anyone has this issue and knows how to prevent/fix it.

Sorry if this sounds picky or dumb, I've only owned dirtbikes in the past, so actually caring about scratches on a bike is new to me XD

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i've got a good amount of visible wear on those plates too. it doesn't bother me, but if it bothers you you can try buffing/polishing the marks out or stick some faux carbon fiber vinyl decals over them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah... I guess I am being a princess over it, but I only have 1,000 miles on the bike so i'm still in that stage. I'm sure eventually i'll get around to the "these things happen" phase.

I was thinking about that, do they make raw sheets of the material they use for tank pads?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Happens. Bothers me every now and them. Least of my priority though.

You could get imitation carbon fiber stickers (or use tank pads?) or similar vinyl stickers to cover it up. On one of my older bikes, I just scuffed up the levers (which were black) till the base metal showed through and then I had silver levers!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yeah boots rub there. Mine are getting shiny where the paint is gone on those plates.

I'd like a little bit of that gunmetal touchup for the odd engine case scratches though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts