Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a link for seller of the Yamaha 4 pin to OBDII adapter in the US? Thanks.

Also, would any iPhone based OBDII aps be able to read sensor setting codes, such as TPS? Foe example, the service manual says to adjust the installation of TPS sensor while using Yamaha diagnostic tool by going to "diagnostic code number 01 and then adjust the sensor until 11-21 appears in the screen." Can I use an IPhone OBDII app for this?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Here's one I found, company located in California.
https://ftecu.com/shop/kds-to-obdii-adapter-harnsess/

Also, even though they don't show it on their website for some reason, Woolich Racing told me through email that they do have an OBDII cable for the Yamaha. It's "Yamaha OBDII Diagnostics Cable [part# 397298]"

You can call or email them through their website to order one if you want. Think it's around $35 + shipping.
http://www.woolichracing.com/ContactUs.aspx

As far as reading the OBDII port, you'll need a scanner (or phone app) that is "CAN" capable.

If you order up one of those diagnostic cables, please let us know with an update on how it worked out. I still need to buy a cable myself and have these two options in mind.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Also, forgot to say ... I highly doubt a regular OBDII scanner is going to work for adjusting the "throttle position sensor" or the "accelerator position sensor" because the Yamaha diagnostic tool probably uses it's own specialized software to take readings off these sensors. I have no idea what units the Yamaha diagnostic tools is reading out per the Yamaha Service Manual.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, forgot to say ... I highly doubt a regular OBDII scanner is going to work for adjusting the "throttle position sensor" or the "accelerator position sensor" because the Yamaha diagnostic tool probably uses it's own specialized software to take readings off these sensors. I have no idea what units the Yamaha diagnostic tools is reading out per the Yamaha Service Manual.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. That's a bummer about probably not reading TPS sensor. Why do I have a feeling that a trip to the dealership to get the scan and adjustment will cost a chunk.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i have the adapter and a cheap code reader.

i can only read codes and clear them.

my reader was only 17 bucks, so it could be the limiting factor, i am not sure.

Dave

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a Wifi/Bluetooth OBDII adapter and use the Torque app on an old Android phone. In the raw diagnostic function of the app there is a section that measures throttle position but it is not in the same range as the Yamaha service manual so there is really no way to know what the proper spec is from the Torque app. The APS and TPS numbers do in fact increase and decrease with when applying and letting off the throttle.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have a Wifi/Bluetooth OBDII adapter and use the Torque app on an old Android phone. In the raw diagnostic function of the app there is a section that measures throttle position but it is not in the same range as the Yamaha service manual so there is really no way to know what the proper spec is from the Torque app. The APS and TPS numbers do in fact increase and decrease with when applying and letting off the throttle.
What does your XSR900 APS and TPS numerical values read on your OBDII Torque App when the the throttle is closed and when it's wide open. That should give enough info to know about where they should be (assuming yours is adjusted correctly from the factory).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I have MT-09 2017 I bought a 4pin obd2 cube. I have a vag hex interface on a pc from an audi car, will it work with MT-09?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts