Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode out to Oakley corporate headquarters in Lake Forest CA. You can get good deals on sun glasses and Oakley stuff here. Brother wants to upgrade his 883 sportster to 1200 because he can't keep up with me! IMG_2014020631680.jpg
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
I've got good news...AND...bad news! The good news is that he will be getting rid of an 883 Harley. The bad news, he is getting a 1200, Harley. He might stand a chance of keeping up with the FZ09 if they were both dropped out of an airplane at the same time from 10,000 feet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
I just LAUGH when Harley guys start talking about "fast".
If I knew any that could ride, I would hand them my keys, but, to this point I haven't found one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,370 Posts
Last time I was there taking pics like that a security guy came out and told me to stop that I needed permission to take pics. Of course by the time that had happened I had already taken the pics I wanted. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
I know what you mean..........

Ha that is funny!
The harley guys I know aren't really riders, of course I know that I'm just a MX guy ......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,842 Posts
The front of Oakley corporate headquarters looks like it was made for a bad 1980s Sci Fi movie.

Edit: If they ever become a supporting vender please delete this lol.
The front mimics their glasses in both quality and look ;-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
That's funny I ride with a buddy who has a 883 sportster, we should meet up and see how fast we can loose em in the twisties...or even a straight line.

To be fair my friend is a good rider and keeps up with me pretty decently in the corners, but I'm known for taking it easy and just enjoying the ride. Pushing it to the edge has never interested me, it seems a good way to end the ride early and painfully.

Agreed. Harley's are not fast, even their v-rods don't keep up with 600s. I watched a v-rod get its ass kicked by a 636 at a motorcycle rally on a drag strip.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Last time I was there taking pics like that a security guy came out and told me to stop that I needed permission to take pics. Of course by the time that had happened I had already taken the pics I wanted. :)
If the street/road that you are on in front of the place is a public road and he told you to stop taking pictures......I probably cannot post in this thread what I might have told him.....but it involves a piece of rope and something running uphill. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah my brother scrapes metal going around corners. I let him ride my fz09 and I rode his 883 for a short ride. I couldn't believe the amount of vibration through your hands at idle. That was my first time on any type of Harley.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,370 Posts
The Oakley 'complex' is huge and to get to that spot in these pics here you are in their massive parking lot. My advice for anyone who wants to take pictures there, do it, and do it quickly. They won't take your camera, but they will just bully you. its lame.
 
  • Like
Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Went to Oakley again today. I had three pairs of half jacket glasses I took in. They installed new rubber pieces for free. Discovered on the way home that having those glasses jammed in against my temples gives me a headache! Off to buy a tinted shield for my Bell RS1 helmet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,842 Posts
Went to Oakley again today. I had three pairs of half jacket glasses I took in. They installed new rubber pieces for free. Discovered on the way home that having those glasses jammed in against my temples gives me a headache! Off to buy a tinted shield for my Bell RS1 helmet.
At much as its a pain to have different visors, I cannot stand riding with glasses. It's a distraction, they frequently fog and they hurt.

Tinted visor is the only way to go.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
I always crack up when I talk to most harley riders about safety equipment, the first thing they point out is how there loud pipes saves lives along with their
$10.00 tupperwear helmet and leather vest, guess thats why I never change exhaust on my bikes. RR:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
I ride with a few Harley riders but they are the 1% Harley riders. They ride balls to the wall dragging pegs and exhausts any chance they have! 99% of the others suck at riding. One of my buddies is an ex AMA Pro and questions how on Earth one of our friends ride like he does! Not all Harley riders are "Hardley" riders. Some actually know how to ride.
 
  • Like
Reactions: v2Bob
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top