Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a generic O2 sensor that will replace the OEM unit? I'm not keen on paying $NZ380 or $US182.00

·
Registered
777 Posts
Alot of the people that flashed their bikes took them off ,you should be able to find one setting around doing nothing

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
422 Posts
Has anyone found a generic O2 sensor that will replace the OEM unit? I'm not keen on paying $NZ380 or $US182.00
I just went out to the garage to look through my parts box. I have that I think came off my MT 10. I'm looking for the 1 that came off my FJ 09 which is the as the FZ 09. I'll have to look further.

You could get it flashed by Vcyclenut for $200 and a blank costs $15.

If I find it I'll let you know.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. A reflash is my next option. Any info on how part throttle economy is affected with the closed loop disabled?

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
Thanks all. A reflash is my next option. Any info on how part throttle economy is affected with the closed loop disabled?
depends on the quality of the flash, with my flash its minimal

believe it or not you can sometimes add fuel to an area and the fuel mileage get better. When a bike is lean its inefficient and requires more throttle input to make the same power. A good tune is efficient

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
depends on the quality of the flash, with my flash its minimal

believe it or not you can sometimes add fuel to an area and the fuel mileage get better. When a bike is lean its inefficient and requires more throttle input to make the same power. A good tune is efficient
Thanks. I did notice that economy on my Bandit was terrible around town when I fitted a piggyback module and disabled the O2 sensor. But I wouldn't describe that as a good tune overall, it was a generic map.
I would get you to do it, but shipping now is all over the place. I could be bikeless for a couple of months.

Reactions: vcyclenut

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
Thanks. I did notice that economy on my Bandit was terrible around town when I fitted a piggyback module and disabled the O2 sensor. But I wouldn't describe that as a good tune overall, it was a generic map.
I would get you to do it, but shipping now is all over the place. I could be bikeless for a couple of months.
Im not the only one that makes quality tunes, my advice is to find some one that uses a combination of data logging and dyno tuning. Trying to tune small throttle openings on a dyno is not nearly as accurate as data logging on the road

I could also sell you the ftecu flashing cable and a file that would be restricted as far as you would not be able to see or make adjustments to the tuning side and it would only be able to be flashed to your bike

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the offer. Another kiwi member on here has used a guy that's not far from me and he seems pretty happy with the tune.
He offers a partial custom remap, only doing up to 3- 4000rpm or remapping the entire rpm range.
I may give him a go for convenience sake.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for that. I'll cover freight though. I'll just run a couple of tanks of non ethanol through it and see what happens. Then I'll get back to you(y)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts