Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be at the show this Saturday along with other riders.

Anyone interested in going - post up.

It's at the javits center - shooting to get there around 930 - 10am.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Btw, where are you guys parking? Last year, we parked on the street right across the center, mostly on the snow.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Btw, where are you guys parking? Last year, we parked on the street right across the center, mostly on the snow.
I'll be taking the train in and walking there.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Not me , our show is January 2 in Toronto area. If you get a moment could you sit on an R3 and could a 6 foot 250 lbs ride it. I have my fz-09 that will be main ride but want this for occasional ride and track days for young skinny nefews to get the riding spirit. I have to get some enjoyment for the money.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Thanks I'll look into it though inconvenient for me to take the ferry haha
Well, if you do end up getting the prize, it will be worth the inconvenience but I believe the ferry terminal is closer than the train stations.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Should be there around 1015 or so today

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Ended up going closer to 1. Thankfully thinner crowds and lots of great but very few good shops with gear- a lot of the crap cruiser people like.
The FJ was pretty great in person- as were all the new bikes. The FZ09s were there in new color and the tall windscreen didn't look so bad either on the nice silver-blue wheels combo. Hearing the H2R roar every hour was great too!
How did you do?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I hope we get several decent pic's from the show -- several of the new ducati and ktm's look great.:d

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not me , our show is January 2 in Toronto area. If you get a moment could you sit on an R3 and could a 6 foot 250 lbs ride it. I have my fz-09 that will be main ride but want this for occasional ride and track days for young skinny nefews to get the riding spirit. I have to get some enjoyment for the money.
I was at the Javits show Friday. I'm 6' 200#. Fairly roomy. The gas tank is so narrow, it's almost no existent.
At 250# your definitely going to over weight the suspension.

RPM Cycle Works
"Sportbike' Trackday Headquarters"
www.rpmcw.com

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I was at the Javits show Friday. I'm 6' 200#. Fairly roomy. The gas tank is so narrow, it's almost no existent.
At 250# your definitely going to over weight the suspension.

RPM Cycle Works
rpmcw.com |
How about he New CBR300 or the new KTM390...??? Did you check them out...???

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Yes and Yes. Honda has never impressed me with any of their bikes. A little to plain Vanilla for me. The KTM however felt like a scaled down FZ09 to me. Same type of riding position.

RPM Cycle Works
rpmcw.com |
Agree 110% on Honda. But the CBR300 was supposedly a little bit better...not the same 'ol Honda. Similar seating position as the FZ isn't a bad thing....any pic's...??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Agree 110% on Honda. But the CBR300 was supposedly a little bit better...not the same 'ol Honda. Similar seating position as the FZ isn't a bad thing....any pic's...??
No....unfortunately i did not take any. Hard to get good pics with everyone milling about....lol! I did manage to get a few of the new R1 though. Much better in person. The electronics package on it is impressive.

RPM Cycle Works
www.rpmcw.com

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
really didnt like the plastic gas tank on the r3 and it was a bit cramped. RC390 felt even more cramped but you can't tell that much by just sitting on it.

THe FZ in silver with the blurple wheels they had on display looked good - though i'm glad i saw some of the factory yamaha "carbon" parts - particularly the exhaust cover - it looked like absolutely crap.

probably my favorite bike to sit on was the triumph thruxton ace cafe edition - the ducati and bmw sections were also great. Haven't gotten to see the new Monster 1200 in person yet and i have to say it was a really nice looking bike - unfortunate that there's no room for 2.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts