Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
MT-09 SP 2021
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

I hope someone might be able to help me out.

i was tinkering with the battery positive lead cable and lost the small nut that holds the bolt/screw which keeps the cable connected to the battery. None of my existing nuts fit in.

It has actually fallen into some weird secret chamber under the fuel tank i guess. Spent some time but can't find it. I haven't ridden my sweet XSR900 since last 48 hours and its hurting me.

Does anyone know the size of this nut so that i can go to my local hardware and buy it? I tried looking at couple of sites, but wasn't able to find any info on the nut size. Found an image though that explains my situation.

Its funny how a lost nut can hurt you so much.

·
Registered
217 Posts
How are we identifying the recent trolls?
Some are obvious, and while this guy has 1 post, he’s been a member for a while.

OP, take the nut from the other lead with you to the hardware store...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
MT-09 SP 2021
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How are we identifying the recent trolls?
Some are obvious, and while this guy has 1 post, he’s been a member for a while.

OP, take the nut from the other lead with you to the hardware store...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I swear am not a troll. It was a genuine serious question... though I always like to add some piece of humour here and there.

Yes, thats what I have planned to do in case if I am not able to get the exact size of the nut. I created this thread with the hope that someone would give out the right size/measurement and I'll go to the hardware store straight from work, rather than going home and removing the other lead and then visit the store.

But thanks for your response. I appreciate you taking out the time to help out. :)

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
3,336 Posts
Regular ol' 6 mm/1.0 nut. (10 mm wrench)

To keep from losing them in the future, take a foam earplug and cut it into two cylindrical pieces. Compress the pieces and place them in the slot where the nut goes. As they expand, the pressure will keep the nuts from falling into the abyss...

·
Registered
MT-09 SP 2021
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Regular ol' 6 mm/1.0 nut. (10 mm wrench)

To keep from losing them in the future, take a foam earplug and cut it into two cylindrical pieces. Compress the pieces and place them in the slot where the nut goes. As they expand, the pressure will keep the nuts from falling into the abyss...
You sir, are a saviour. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
MT-09 SP 2021
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quick update:
I bought the M6 nuts and was able to connect the lead. Thanks everyone for sharing your inputs.

Funny part is... while I was placing the new nut on to the battery, I found the old nut that had fell down in the abyss. It was a challenge but managed to take it out with the help of a long skinny stick and a small piece of sticky clay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.