1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

New fender on the way.

Haha

Reactions: onthemove

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
You needed a new fender anyway....that one was dirty!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ouch...did that once way back on a brand new ZX7R, made sure I bought a string for the handle bars after that....If you still have the chip you could glue it back on, when I did it it was a pretty good fit.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I always use my coil cable from my disk lock to the throttle grip, much harder to forget that way.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
you can't catch a break with this bike dude! lol

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Get a disc lock alarm- always reminds me with 120db of annoying noise if I forget!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I know it's kinda late now, but you can always dummy cord the lock to your handlebars. I had a similar (but much worse) incident with a side stand footie. Upon return, I'd parked about 10 feet from my footie. I put the bike on its' stand to retrieve the errant footie, only to turn around and see the bike fall over. VFR's even have plastic covers over their side stands. That was an expensive lesson!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you can't catch a break with this bike dude! lol
Lol... A small spill, CCT noise, a nail in the tire, and a broken fender. Meh, not too bad. It will look brand new again in a week.

Reactions: beck

·
Super Moderator
4,412 Posts
I've done it before. For me, it was leaving after my daughter's high school volleyball match. Do you know how embarrassing it is to have a half dozen 17 year old girls in spandex shorts standing over you asking, "Are you alright?". I never used a disk lock ever again.

I must add, that was with my Bandit 748 and 12 years ago.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hahahaha

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I visited a girlfriend in the psych ward one time because of a bi-polar incident. She was drooling from the medication, so I stormed out of the hospital pissed out of my mind at the doctors, jumped on my CBR1000F (Hurricane), jumped on the throttle, and over the bars I went. Oops, front disc lock did its job. This was right in front of the staff that I dogged on my way out the door. I can laugh about it today.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I haven't dropped one yet because of it, but I did hit one so hard that it put a slight warp in the disc... oops! I learned to put the lock on the rear wheel...

·
Registered
520 Posts
I did the same thing, and i have an alarm on my disc lock and a reminder harness.. I didnt use harness and alarm was too late.. Haha

·
Registered
149 Posts
I haven't dropped one yet because of it, but I did hit one so hard that it put a slight warp in the disc... oops! I learned to put the lock on the rear wheel...
I also moved it to the rear, just in case.
Then the next time I took of with a hurry, pinning the throttle on my Bandit 1200, the rear wheel just snapped the disc lock in half & I warped my rear disc

·
Registered
142 Posts
Reactions: 520FZ09 and DNFDOUG

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ive done this before, all because i was too lazy to use the reminder coil cable. Notice any difference with brake performance?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts