Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like they are just going to keep pushing back the date instead if just giving us a realistic date. What other recommendations do people have? I know two brothers also has a great name but from the video I watched on YouTube it really seems like it doesn't sound too great.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
?? I thought these were being shipped already? I know theres at least one guy on this forum with one. Are they pushing back the Ti or the carbon one?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Two brothers are horrible quality in my experience with them. The carbon fibre looks weak and feels weak, and those magnesium end caps seriously look and feel like plastic. Even on the 2014 Bolt I rode yesterday, they had a 2Bros Black series can on it. Sounded ok, but the quality when I got closer to it to have a gander was similar to the one I owned, and the ones that I have seen before. Shite. Not worth the premium they charge really.

However, results may vary and that is simply my personal view.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'll most likely get the akro but going to wait a few months before full system and pc5.
Unless something comes out that I prefer.
I've had a two brothers full system on another bike, one of the worst "upgrades" I have ever purchased.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
There will soon be an Arrow dyno map that you can purchase with the Stoltec ECU flash... I'd get the Arrow, and the reflashed ECU. No piggyback fuel controller.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I too am waiting..... I think some have rushed their exhausts to quickly.

Wait for the AKR ;)

Reactions: RichBaker

·
Registered
601 Posts
Last year I saw a Yamaha promo video with stunt riders on two FZ-09s--one with stock exhaust, the other with the Akrapovic Titanium. The Akrapovic sounded so much better and really brought out the motor's character.

I like both its sound and design--it looks as if it was designed as the stock exhaust for the bike. Plus it shaves five pounds and adds five horsepower. The difference on the first ride was more dramatic than I expected.

I hadn't planned on adding a injection kit, since the exhaust is working fine with the stock fueling (and Stoltec ECU reflash). But I bought an EJK from Marthy to experiment and tweak. And I will probably remove and block the AIS at some point, since there is some occasional mild popping on deceleration. Graves makes really nice plates for this purpose.

Worth the cost? Definitely. It's a high-quality piece. And it still costs less than some other systems out there.

I personally have not heard an exhaust that I like better. But that's really subjective. Most of them, though, sound better than the stock, which has a really tinny and restricted sound to me. Choices are good.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm going for the Akra carbon, mainly for the cost. Around $800 for a full system. If they could just get them into our hands now that would be GREAT!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I have nothing but good things to say about my arrow exhaust.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts