·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
gmtech is totally correct!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Don't waste your time and money on Dynojet or any other piggyback crap, just get it tuned and it will be done right.
This Dynoject Power Vision is not a piggyback like commander but a device to flash the ECU. So imo the result only depending on the map they provide.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ok I know the graph I'm going to post below might be a little like gobbly-gook to many of you but it's how you quantify things with data vs. "feelings" or "butt dynos". On my ride today I purposely accelerated in 6th gear from a low speed and with little throttle.

What the log shows is I was cruising along in 6th gear at 34mph- 2,400 rpm and 1.2% throttle blades opening. I accelerated with the throttle plates at ~36%, not even close to half throttle. I let off at 70mph/4,800rpm. It took about 4 seconds to accelerate from 34mph to 70mph in 6th gear.

So what does all that mean? These bikes when tuned properly can pull like a mofo in 6th gear even as low as 2,400rpm. 4 seconds to double your speed from a super low rpm like that is pretty damn good. Just thought some of you would appreciate the actual data.

(speed in the log is shown in kph btw. 55kph is 34.2mph.)

·
Registered
182 Posts
To help put the 4 seconds in some sort of perspective, it takes a VERY fast car to go from 60 to 100mph in 4 seconds. The average car usually takes somewhere around 6 to 10 seconds to do a 60-100 pull. I think a Prius takes about 25 seconds. lol. My 800+hp roadster would do 60-100 in 2.75 seconds. My MT-09 would do 60-100 in roughly 3.5 seconds bone stock when I first got it. It now does 60-100 in exactly the same time my roadster did, ~2.7 seconds. That's F'ing quick. That's Hypercar quick.

So it only taking 4 seconds to go from 35 to 70mph when you're in the very bottom of the engine's power range and the bike's tallest gear is pretty impressive.

·
Registered
772 Posts
To help put the 4 seconds in some sort of perspective, it takes a VERY fast car to go from 60 to 100mph in 4 seconds. The average car usually takes somewhere around 6 to 10 seconds to do a 60-100 pull. I think a Prius takes about 25 seconds. lol. My 800+hp roadster would do 60-100 in 2.75 seconds. My MT-09 would do 60-100 in roughly 3.5 seconds bone stock when I first got it. It now does 60-100 in exactly the same time my roadster did, ~2.7 seconds. That's F'ing quick. That's Hypercar quick.

So it only taking 4 seconds to go from 35 to 70mph when you're in the very bottom of the engine's power range and the bike's tallest gear is pretty impressive.
How much do you weigh ?

·
Registered
182 Posts
How much do you weigh ?
80 pounds, why do you ask?
Hahahahah just kidding. Good question though obviously. I'm what I'd call on the light side of average weight, 160lbs. I wear an airbag vest and a ton of gear when it's cold like this so I'm guessing my weight on the bike yesterday was around 190? Fuel tank was full also. As far as bike weight, I dropped 20lbs off of it when I first got it but probably put back 20lbs in goodies so I'd guess bike weight is pretty close to stock. The altitude where I did that particular log was sea level so no altitude losses that's for sure. I have a pallet scale, I'll put my bike on it just for kicks to see where it's at now.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Here you go Cw09, since I know you drag race your bike you might be able to relate this info to logs you have, assuming you log your runs? This was also from yesterday's log, it was at 3,000 feet of altitude, I started at 20mph in 2nd gear (only 2,800rpm, I wanted a full rpm range pull, I wasn't going for a low et.) and let off at 107mph in 4th gear. The elapsed time was 6.22 seconds. I've never taken this bike to the strip or to a dyno so data like this is all I really have to go on. The actual times don't really concern me, comparing them to my other logs is just a way to quantify my goals of maximum engine efficiency. I know from logging tons of vehicles that 6.22 seconds for a 20-107mph pull is pretty damn good especially considering I was that low in the rpm's at the start.

Remember, the speed shown is in kph.

Start at 20mph, 2,831rpm, 2nd gear. Time is shown in upper right corner...

End at 107mph, 10,145rpm, 4th gear. 4.867 to 11.087 is an et of 6.22 seconds.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Here you go Cw09, since I know you drag race your bike you might be able to relate this info to logs you have, assuming you log your runs? This was also from yesterday's log, it was at 3,000 feet of altitude, I started at 20mph in 2nd gear (only 2,800rpm, I wanted a full rpm range pull, I wasn't going for a low et.) and let off at 107mph in 4th gear. The elapsed time was 6.22 seconds. I've never taken this bike to the strip or to a dyno so data like this is all I really have to go on. The actual times don't really concern me, comparing them to my other logs is just a way to quantify my goals of maximum engine efficiency. I know from logging tons of vehicles that 6.22 seconds for a 20-107mph pull is pretty damn good especially considering I was that low in the rpm's at the start.

Remember, the speed shown is in kph.

Start at 20mph, 2,831rpm, 2nd gear. Time is shown in upper right corner...

View attachment 162748

End at 107mph, 10,145rpm, 4th gear. 4.867 to 11.087 is an et of 6.22 seconds.

View attachment 162749
I don't do any on bike data logging ,when I get to the end of the track they give me a paper copy, lol
20210109_183625.jpg

·
Registered
182 Posts
Oh dude, seriously? That's like riding blind! Or at least it's modding blind. We really need to get you set up so you can log. Do you want an 8 second FZ09 or don't you? lol.

·
Registered
772 Posts
You really don't need data on a bike as basic as this and I'm not a computer guy ,so not that it wouldn't be handy once in a while it's not necessary

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
What the log shows is I was cruising along in 6th gear at 34mph- 2,400 rpm and 1.2% throttle blades opening. I accelerated with the throttle plates at ~36%, not even close to half throttle. I let off at 70mph/4,800rpm. It took about 4 seconds to accelerate from 34mph to 70mph in 6th gear.
This is amazing to cruise on 6th gear at that low rpm, my bike can't do that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
"Amazing" is obtainable. It's not like we own completely different bikes.

Have you contacted vcyclenut yet?
I haven't contacted vcyclenut yet, I'm in Australia will take a while to ship the ecu over there. Currently need the bike to commute.

Thanks

·
Vendor
1,369 Posts
Ok I know the graph I'm going to post below might be a little like gobbly-gook to many of you but it's how you quantify things with data vs. "feelings" or "butt dynos". On my ride today I purposely accelerated in 6th gear from a low speed and with little throttle.

So what does all that mean? These bikes when tuned properly can pull like a mofo in 6th gear even as low as 2,400rpm. 4 seconds to double your speed from a super low rpm like that is pretty damn good. Just thought some of you would appreciate the actual data.

(speed in the log is shown in kph btw. 55kph is 34.2mph.)

View attachment 162732

I see the spot where the throttle goes from around 10% to 45% (not 36%) but i dont see how you can get the other data from what you posted

I see the speed and rpm increase but no way to know what they go from and to and how long it took

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hello

Couple days ago just picked up almost new 1400KM 2019 MT-09 SP, with full carbon akra. Been riding Street Triple 675 for almost 10 years for almost 120,000KM, I remember in 2016, I picked up mt-09 but not really keen on the riding position, suspension.

But now after tried couple a days with this 2019 mt-09 sp, I found a new love. :love:

My question about this bike, in low rpm below 4000, I feel not enough torque, ie: with street triple you can run 60Km/h on 6th gear nicely, could it be because of the full system akra?
I vaguely remember when I had 2016 MT with standard can, the torque curve about the same as street triple, it can happily run 60km/h on 6th gear.

Many Thanks, no doubt I will have so many questions for this beautiful bike.
Jim
View attachment 162687
I have the same model. Mine accelerates quite happily from 50kmh in top gear.
It is only slightly less strong from that speed in top gear than my Bandit 1250 was.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Granted this is with my own tuning but my '19 will cleanly pull up into the revs from as low as 2,200 rpm at around 30mph in 6th gear.
So, what does "my own tuning" consist of? Custom dyno tune, radical gearing or some other mods?
The reason I ask is, pulling "cleanly" -no bogging, hesitation, lurching or straining- from just above idle in 6th gear sounds like a pipe dream.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I see the spot where the throttle goes from around 10% to 45% (not 36%) but i dont see how you can get the other data from what you posted

I see the speed and rpm increase but no way to know what they go from and to and how long it took

I'm sure you've seen the ridiculous amount of text and pictures my average post has haven't you? lol. I tend to write a lot and post a pile of images but I do actually try to limit it as much as I can. This is especially true when I'm posting data that 90% of the readers will have no idea how to interpret, like screenshots from data logs. So I try to make it as simple and clear as possible. The other issue with this in particular is the Woolich Racing software is pretty clumsy and primitive so it's hard to actually show things like cursor points. As you can see below, I literally had to draw in where I had the cursor when I took the screen shots. That's like cave painting chit!

So I went back into that log and re-looked at the data. I was a little off on two things, the start speed was 37mph but the elapsed time was actually less at 3.77 seconds. I think the first time I simply put the start cursor a little earlier, not a big deal either way. This time I put the start at the exact millisecond I went from steady throttle to starting to open the throttle. Actually if I was really trying to get the lowest et possible, I wasted .5 seconds opening the throttle. So technically the elapsed time could have been 3.27 but that's just getting silly.

As far as the throttle opening, my original numbers were correct. Remember, TPS is what your hand is doing, ETV is what the actual throttle plates are doing. They're often not the same, which is the absolute beauty of throttle by wire. I ALWAYS log both because the actual values and the correlation between both are extremely important. The highest the TPS was at was 43.7%, the lowest was 33.9%. The average for the pull was around 39%. The highest the ETV was at was 40.4%, the lowest was 34.9%. The average for the pull was around 37%. I apologize for claiming 36% when it was more like 37%. hahaha.

Here are the screenshots I just took, let me know if there's still something you want to see more clearly...

This is the start...

This is the end...

Here's the elapsed time calculation...

21 - 40 of 46 Posts