Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
I live in BC, but 36 from the west into Redbluff is a super fun road. Whoever paved that was mad insane, or brilliant. Haha.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Holy crap Pep, I wish I could of went with you on this one.
Many miles of pure epicness!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
How is CA32? I have been on 70, 49, 89 and 36 many times but have never been on 32 or Bucks Lake or La Porte Rd. I want to find something new next time I am on a road trip in N.Ca.
32 is fun but it can be a little sketchy. It’s well paved with a lot of fun twistys but it’s a bit narrow. There’s a few camp sites along the way and a lot of shitty drivers. Fun though

·
Registered
535 Posts
HI betoney
and Peplow

I did the Oroville up 70 to Chester then back 32 into Chico about 3 weeks ago with a friend on a Motoguzzi. I'm not a big fan of 32 like you said it is narrow. Also like west of Oroville/Chico. Stony Gorge Reservoir is a good place to take a sandwich to and relax for lunch on a ride then head up to the top of the hill on 162. 162 from Oroville to Quincy goes by Bucks Lake but road was washed out for 2 years but in now fixed. Just waiting for snow to melt. I often ride around the Sutter Buttes in winter when cold but sunny as most of the ride will be in the sun. A stop at Granzella's is always fun. As summer heat gets here going up in the mountains to Bullards Bar then Dounieville to Graegle then Quincy.

I am retired and do day rides of 125-215 miles. Don't ride a night much. Hate freeways but in Northern CA not too bad. My Definition of Northern CA is anything above Sacramento. lol Maybe we can get together and go somewhere in the area sometime.

A couple of years ago there was a Hawk GT rally (about 30 bikes) and we went on 36 going west out of Red Bluff . Fun road, cool sign. June 108 degrees. Wet vest really helped.
140twisties ahead.jpg

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
HI betoney
and Peplow

I did the Oroville up 70 to Chester then back 32 into Chico about 3 weeks ago with a friend on a Motoguzzi. I'm not a big fan of 32 like you said it is narrow. Also like west of Oroville/Chico. Stony Gorge Reservoir is a good place to take a sandwich to and relax for lunch on a ride then head up to the top of the hill on 162. 162 from Oroville to Quincy goes by Bucks Lake but road was washed out for 2 years but in now fixed. Just waiting for snow to melt. I often ride around the Sutter Buttes in winter when cold but sunny as most of the ride will be in the sun. A stop at Granzella's is always fun. As summer heat gets here going up in the mountains to Bullards Bar then Dounieville to Graegle then Quincy.

I am retired and do day rides of 125-215 miles. Don't ride a night much. Hate freeways but in Northern CA not too bad. My Definition of Northern CA is anything above Sacramento. lol Maybe we can get together and go somewhere in the area sometime.

A couple of years ago there was a Hawk GT rally (about 30 bikes) and we went on 36 going west out of Red Bluff . Fun road, cool sign. June 108 degrees. Wet vest really helped.
View attachment 159373
Let’s meet up for sure one of these days! I’m in Chico. A few weeks ago we rode up around Bullards bar and grass valley, very fun!

·
Registered
167 Posts
HI betoney
and Peplow
My Definition of Northern CA is anything above Sacramento. lol Maybe we can get together and go somewhere in the area sometime.
Might be a bit difficult for me, I live in Washington, I visit California once or twice a year on a road trip, not so sure how this year will play out though.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Might be a bit difficult for me, I live in Washington, I visit California once or twice a year on a road trip, not so sure how this year will play out though.
Yeah, with the virus think, planning the future is harder. You are a little far for a daily ride. We went to Yakama a couple of times in the last 3 years but that's always by car. Be safe. Good riding.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts