Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know I saw a thread somewhere on here of a few being in Georgia and Virginia, but they are starting to appear up North now too. This one is in Rhode Island (Razee) and is already accounted for. Damn you Craig. I took a few pictures for fun, and for my own use and documentation. I'll just leave it here...

Sorry for the quality...they were shot from an iPhone 4.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yep, it's official now, every dealership in the nation has one... EXCEPT mine.
We must be part of the same dealership cause i don't have one here either.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Basically dealers have a 2 week period to put their orders in. The dealers who put their orders in earlier in the order period got the first allocation. Those who waited till the last minute to order had to wait until production for those specific units to complete and ship. Keep in mind the production lines have to make all of the bikes for the world market, so different market colors, ABS, etc are produced on the same lines and production has to switch up runs. U.S. production bikes only come around every x amount of days.

Basically if your dealer didn't get them in the last couple of weeks, they ordered late in the order period.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My dealer in CT has been silent for several weeks as to when they'll arrive. My salesperson told me on 9/7 that they ordered three FZ 09s, one in each color. I'd love to take home a red or orange one. From what I see on-line, no one in state has any inventory.

Anyone think that at this date we're better off waiting until 2014? It may mean a slight price increase, but dealer supply will be better in the spring, and the riding season here has, tops, maybe one month left. Waiting would also give us a chance to see if any other quirks develop in the bike. Not sure I want to take on higher insurance premiums and loan payments just to have it sitting in the garage all winter.

Yamaha claimed the FZ 09 would be "available in September." We're now a third of the way done with October. I'm starting to lean toward reassessing until the spring.

Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealer in CT has been silent for several weeks as to when they'll arrive. My salesperson told me on 9/7 that they ordered three FZ 09s, one in each color. I'd love to take home a red or orange one. From what I see on-line, no one in state has any inventory.

Anyone think that at this date we're better off waiting until 2014? It may mean a slight price increase, but dealer supply will be better in the spring, and the riding season here has, tops, maybe one month left. Waiting would also give us a chance to see if any other quirks develop in the bike. Not sure I want to take on higher insurance premiums and loan payments just to have it sitting in the garage all winter.

Yamaha claimed the FZ 09 would be "available in September." We're now a third of the way done with October. I'm starting to lean toward reassessing until the spring.

Anyone have any thoughts?
My dealer in East Hanover, NJ has been pretty straight forward with me since the day I gave him my deposit. He's been saying 1st to 2nd week of October from the very beginning. I'd hate to walk away at this point. Plus the weather in the Northeast is so unpredictable. Maybe we are in store for a mild winter!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Basically dealers have a 2 week period to put their orders in. The dealers who put their orders in earlier in the order period got the first allocation. Those who waited till the last minute to order had to wait until production for those specific units to complete and ship. Keep in mind the production lines have to make all of the bikes for the world market, so different market colors, ABS, etc are produced on the same lines and production has to switch up runs. U.S. production bikes only come around every x amount of days.

Basically if your dealer didn't get them in the last couple of weeks, they ordered late in the order period.
My dealer sent me an e-mail on Sept. 6th stating that he placed the order that day. He said that was when Yamaha opened the ordering and no sooner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts