Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a blacked out bike for my husband with more power than the Shadow he currently rides. The closest thing I have found is a Suzuki C90. Does anyone have any experience with Suzuki cruisers or know anyone who has one? Harley does seem to have the best looking bikes, but I'm skeptical about the quality for the price.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
What about an all black Indian Scout? Those look cool.
They are smaller in person than appear in pictures.....And the heat off the right side is unbearable after a few minutes. Was a real surprise/disappointment.:(

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Reactions: dblogs and ryderjay

·
Registered
10 Posts
Friend of mine has a suzuki m50, and a m109r boss. Both solid bikes, the 109 should have enough power to take your husband, family and friends up the side of Everest.

·
Registered
246 Posts
None with Suzuki cruisers, but I've owned several Suzuki motorcycles and never had a problem aside from a power valve breaking and smashing the top of the piston. Even that cost me less than $150 to fix. If I was going to buy a new cruiser I'd get a Star Bolt R Spec. Maybe a Star V Star 1300 Deluxe or Honda 1300 Custom Line. The Indian Motorcycles can get expensive in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
They stopped making Star Warriors but there a a lot of nice, low mileage ones around for not much money.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I know a couple of people with a C90 and they are happy with them. The only issue is they haven't seen much of any upgrades or updates for a few years now. You might want to check out a Yamaha Bolt R-Spec for not a lot more money you get a newer technology bike. Even a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom SE is another one to consider in the same price range. It's nice to get rear disk and belt drive which is low maintenance. I am not sure how the shaft drive is on the Suzuki C90 and it still has a rear drum brake???

Personally I would even consider a new Kawasaki Vulcan ABS over a Harley Sportster 883, since it is way lighter and has just as much HP and torque for a 650cc bike.

The big thing is to test drive them and see which is best.

P.S. - that is for bikes in the same price range as a Suzuki C90, and it's hard to beat good old Japanese motorcycle reliability.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The Stryker and Raider are a blast and they get a TON of compliments thanks to a lot of great aftermarket support. I really enjoyed my Stryker while I had it and my friends Raider was just insane when you have the throttle a twist. (Note I'm using the words insane and a blast solely while comparing cruisers to cruisers lol)

·
Registered
883 Posts
The Stryker and Raider are a blast and they get a TON of compliments thanks to a lot of great aftermarket support. I really enjoyed my Stryker while I had it and my friends Raider was just insane when you have the throttle a twist. (Note I'm using the words insane and a blast solely while comparing cruisers to cruisers lol)
Although I have never owned a cruiser, the only model I have ever taken on a demo ride more than once is the Stryker. Yes, lots of power with a twist of the throttle.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Remember Jen you're used to dealing with a brand that is known for charging a premium just for their name and brand image. You can't base your assumptions of fair pricing off of Harley.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Got a buddy with an 07 Victory.

It's a cool looking bike in all black trim.

I have ridden it a couple of times. Its definitely a low rider cruiser.

Kinda have to laugh. At 80 mph the wind blows my feet off the pegs! :cool:

·
Registered
619 Posts
If I *had* to get a cruiser, it'd be a V-Max.

·
Registered
987 Posts
If I had to get a cruiser it would be the Gold Wing Valkyrie or Ducati Diavel

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
They stopped making Star Warriors but there a a lot of nice, low mileage ones around for not much money.
This is truth. Midnight Warriors are the blacked out version, and you will never be happy on another cruiser after you ride a Warrior. Reliable, fast (for a cruiser), and cheap... You get to have all three! And they are damn good looking too.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts