Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

Hey everyone, I know there's been a little discussion about octane level and ethanol in our tanks.
I've made it my goal to make sure my bike never sees ethanol again! The dealer filled the first tank but I'm hoping I can use the map linked to prevent it from happening again.

Usually non-e runs over 90 octane, in my area it seems to average at 92. I also have the option to get some Sunoco race fuel (101 octane) but I don't see the point!

There's a ton of stations on the map but be sure to check the details before running over, some prices are way high and some stations require a CFN / commercial license.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wish we had this option in my area (Only Marinas and Airports carry Non-E). :(
Oof, only 6 pumps listed in Maine! Half of which are on Airport Rd, I wonder where they're located...

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Weigel's (gas/store) down the hwy from me now has prem. 91 octane/no ethanol gas. It's on Topside Rd. (333) exit 9 of Pellissippi Pkwy (I-140). Alcoa Hwy (129) is the next exit if you are coming from Knoxville and it's about 30/40 min to Deals Gap from there. They have lots of snacks/food/doughnuts ! And Alcoa Good Times Yam/Kawa/Can Am/BMW is right across the road.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I've always been going to Shell for 91 V-Power, but it's good to confirm that the Canadian Tire 91 (right near my house) is ethanol free! I always suspected it was but the labeling was a bit ambiguous. Thanks for the site!

·
Registered
511 Posts
The closest one to my house is at the airport and you can't put it in your vehicle it has to go in a can. Over $5 a gallon. Let's see I have six five gallon cans carry the three.....Holy Crap that's a hundred and fifty bucks.:eek:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's worth every penny! I'm usually paying between $4.29 and $4.69 per gallon in my area.

Sometimes, I go on a spirited ride around the lake and the marina halfway through has the e-free @ $5.49 per gallon. Still worth it. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts