Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Weather is looking good - roads are not great so i'll be taking it easy but any up for a ride or a meet up somewhere?

I'm not a great rode finding expert although i was thinking of taking rt 15 from Rockaway up to 519 to stokes state forest then back down 565 to rt 15.

Open to other suggestions -

Rules i always follow when riding in a group:

1. Don't be a dick and put yourself or others in danger (no tailgating, no aggressive maneuvers around other riders)

2. Ride your own ride - don't feel obligated to keep pace with the group if you fall behind - i usually lead and make sure folks catch up where possible

3. if you want to go a buck 10 on a backroad - do it with another group

standard stuff - let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if we end up having more central NJ/philly folks - i'd be ok with a different route that makes it easier for people to attend - i'm just not familiar with that area - but open to suggestions.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
if we end up having more central NJ/philly folks - i'd be ok with a different route that makes it easier for people to attend - i'm just not familiar with that area - but open to suggestions.
where are you from, ie hometown?

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds good to me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Davinci and I are meeting at big Johns pub around 1pm for possibly the first official easy cost fz group ride (were claiming it anyway :) )

If anyone is interested PM me.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Great ride today with Beck up to High Point NJ via many twisty and hilly back roads. Youtube vid up soon.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Wow I am sorry I missed you guys. I would have been happy to guide you over from there to the hawks nest I think you would enjoy it everybody does. Sundays are best for me.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I rode to DC and faced gusts of 35 mph and more!! Did you guys face any problems with the wind trying to blow you over on Saturday?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I rode to DC and faced gusts of 35 mph and more!! Did you guys face any problems with the wind trying to blow you over on Saturday?
Motorock, do you live in Nj?

Saturday the winds were horrendous. Today it was great although not as warm as they predicted all weekend. No rain, and 50s I'll take it.

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Motorock, do you live in Nj?

Saturday the winds were horrendous. Today it was great although not as warm as they predicted all weekend. No rain, and 50s I'll take it.

I asked him 1 time and if i remember he is in brooklyn. He needed help doing something on his bike and i wanted to help but the weather was not cooperating.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Hi Beck,
I am in Brooklyn. Did the two-up trip to DC on Saturday- so mad to see a calm day on Sunday!! What a cruel joke- but oh, well! At least there was some sun!
The crosswinds were crazy- two-up with tail case, and saddlebags and NO windscreen make for an interesting combination in such conditions.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Beck,
I am in Brooklyn. Did the two-up trip to DC on Saturday- so mad to see a calm day on Sunday!! What a cruel joke- but oh, well! At least there was some sun!
The crosswinds were crazy- two-up with tail case, and saddlebags and NO windscreen make for an interesting combination in such conditions.
Bummer, any time you want to venture out to nj to ride, let me know.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts