Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hopefully you're keeping the Hawk! Great bike. Wish the engine from the FZ-09 would fit the chassis.... Keeping mine, along with my SRX600 and XS650. Fortunately I have an understanding wife....

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hopefully you're keeping the Hawk! Great bike. Wish the engine from the FZ-09 would fit the chassis.... Keeping mine, along with my SRX600 and XS650. Fortunately I have an understanding wife....
Oh, it's not going anywhere! I've had it for almost 23 years, it still makes me smile every time I look at it.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Any pricing?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
500 pounds UK would convert out to about $824.30 USD. Damn, from what I have read about Nitro shocks that would be a heck of a deal.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
A quality product at a good price it seems, but I'll go with a Penske from Stoltec, he's an 09 owner, put the development time in, will be good with the fine tuning etc.

In the photo the only thing I like better about the Nitron is the bracket for the res. The blue of the spring is ok by itself, but I can't imagine it looking good with the 09 colors. Not that spring color is a big issue to me lol.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A quality product at a good price it seems, but I'll go with a Penske from Stoltec, he's an 09 owner, put the development time in, will be good with the fine tuning etc.

In the photo the only thing I like better about the Nitron is the bracket for the res. The blue of the spring is ok by itself, but I can't imagine it looking good with the 09 colors. Not that spring color is a big issue to me lol.
I think you can specify a black spring when you order.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Paul, cool that there is a color choice.

Lol, just noticed/remembered you are in New Zealand so yeah, if you have a dealer there for Nitron go for it, you are almost as far away from Stoltec as you can get.
A Penske from Stoltec is still on the cards - I have yet to hear the final price for the Nitron in NZ.
I am getting Andreani cartridges for the forks,though.

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Just saw this post - looks like a nice offering. Running a Nitron in the states has been challenging in the past, so I've never had the pleasure of trying one out. As far as competition goes, the more the merrier IMO. Products get better when there are alternatives.

Nitron and Ohlins took a similar approach for the reservoir mount. Admittedly, I'm not the world's biggest fan of the hose clamp reservoir mount, but I do prefer the location I worked out for the Penske. I can't help but to feel like it looks like where it belongs. Though, the Nitron/Ohlins method does show off the bling...

Any ETA on the Andreani cartridges? Interested in hearing your reviews.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm getting the cartridges and the shock on Wednesday.Normally,I'd get them shipped to me and do it myself but in this case I'll go to the agent's shop and install it them there.He wants to check the settings and put the standard shock on his dyno.I'll meet Guy Evans from Nitron while I'm there,too.He may assist me fitting the shock.

Nick,Nitron has set up an operation in the U.S. you could approach them to become an agent.There is a YouTube video with details, search: "Nitron USA Shocks at Progressive Motorcycle Show "

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Paul,

I could, and I appreciate the thought, but I won't. I have a strict policy to only sell components made in the USA. Additionally, some 'other' imported suspension products can be difficult to stock/order/sell/support due to their limited domestic support. In short - I have a great relationship with Penske (for years, actually). Call me small minded, but I'm happy with the arrangement.

Nick

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Buy American and somewhere an American keeps his/her job. Yeah, I'll probably order a Penske this spring from Stoltec.

·
Registered
192 Posts
With only one Nitron outlet, I went with Penske, too. I'm very close to the Nitron center, so it would be very convenient, for me.....but...

How to say this.Not wanting to sound negative in any way......I'm in Utah and can look outside and see the weather. Its been 4 months since a streetride was possible. The Center is located at a world class racetrack, so that has to help. Maybe Nitron has an automotive line I'm not aware of?

We've had several suspension companies set up shop in Utah, and none of them have lasted. They all did world class work. Too short of a riding season to rely on local business to stay open. The one that stayed has low overhead since he works from his garage in a small town.

If these folks close, its back to chasing parts from overseas, then finding a qualified and experienced person to do the repairs or tuning. I hope, in five years, I'm runnign out there all the time for work, but I've got to give the shop a few years before I'm considering Nitron. I'll bet they are incredible, I hope they get rich, but I'll wait and see.

With Penske, I have sever la names in my Phone and many more options available. The parts dont look sexy. The hoseclamp and rubber spacers for the remote reservoir are a joke. However, they work very well, are durable and reasonably (???) priced.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts