Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
February 2, 2015 I pick up my Fz09, it will by my first true street bike.

Currently I thump around on this tractor

I plan to not be a squid as much as possible.

Just received my 06 zx6r rear shock, I'll be fitting it with a slightly heavier spring. I'm well aware the RR variation has HS dampening, but for the street I'm not concerned.

It appears to have low riding miles on it, so for the time being I don't plan to send it out for a rebuild.

Soon I'll be ordering 1kg fork springs and a compressor to balance things.

I'll keep this updated as best I can. Still deciding on if I want a remap or not. The bike will primarily be used as a spirited Transport with long mountainous trips thrown in a long the way.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Are you getting a '14 or a '15? The '15's have an updated ECU from the factory, although I haven't ridden one yet to say that they have the snatchy throttle resolved or not. Most folks with the '15 are pleased with the fueling.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome to the club! As triplethreat mentioned you shouldn't require a reflash on the 15 models, I was intimidated after reading about how aggressive the throttle was on the 14s but when I got my 15 I couldn't be happier with it and don't plan to do a reflash till I replace the exhaust.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

I'm planning on the Akro system. Whichever I end up getting the DB killer stays in. I'll already be cop bait enough, I don't need 120db of fury aiding the issue haha

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 85-07 klr650 is the ak47 of bikes. Not really attractive looking, not the fastest, not the most precise or well made, but damn near indestructible haha

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha pretty much. I over maintenance most all of my mechanical things, however I ride that bike at WOT almost daily and it doesn't miss a beat. I just didn't like being half good at everything. I'll keep the klr for adventure type riding, which I still do, but when I want to carve the slab, I wanted something more suited.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Sweet! Liking the silver blingage.
Welcome to the Machine!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Love the silver with the blurple wheels. Very nice! Congratulations!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks just a bit better than the klr huh? Haha.

Deciding on exhaust. Akro is my #1 followed by Yosh. Looking for tone not drone, as I want to take the bike on some extended trips

1 - 20 of 28 Posts