Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a brand new FZ 09 and it will arrive in two weeks. Have a few questions. Looking to get an integrated tail light. Is everyone running the one from Niner? Also is there a way to remove the front blinkers without it looking like something is missing? Is there an integration kit for the headlight and also do they only make an LED bulb for the headlight or do they make a full LED headlight assembly. Last question is what is the preferred exhaust. Akropovic seems to look and sound awesome. Any help is appreciated!

·
Vendor
2,161 Posts
Welcome to the addiction!
So far the integrated tail light we are offering is the only [integrated] option.
I'm sure you've seen what I did with my front lights.
In regards to exhaust - all the big players are starting to offer them.

Just look around and see what you prefer most. ;)
It's your baby [moto] after all!

·
Vendor
2,161 Posts
Thanks for the super fast response! Can you email me [email protected] and I will paypal you for the integration piece and also maybe you can tell me what you did with your front as i didn't see it.
Thanks!
No worries.
You can purchase the integrated board here: Folcik Enterprises, LLC.

As far as front signals... I purchased the Zeta Handguards with integrated turn signals as my main signals and eliminated the ugly OEM signals with some flush mounts (basically to cover the holes of the OEM).

Just do a search and you should find some threads I started. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know what bulbs go in the daytime running lights? I see the headlight is an H4 it looks like. But can't find what the two ones on each side are

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they are little 194/168 wedge bulbs

Thank you! What is everyone doing with changing the air filter? Which one is most popular and also I read when getting an exhaust a power commander isn't NEEDED if you don't want to make more power. Is this true? Also where can I get the small front blinkers? Sorry for all of the questions!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thank you! What is everyone doing with changing the air filter? Which one is most popular and also I read when getting an exhaust a power commander isn't NEEDED if you don't want to make more power. Is this true? Also where can I get the small front blinkers? Sorry for all of the questions!
I dont think an air filter is available yet. There is the one from Australia, but its over $100.. Im waiting on that too

·
Registered
221 Posts
is it less than $100? where can I buy?

·
Registered
239 Posts
First Post: Simple and easy headlight upgrade, and an economical mirror fix.

First Post: New FZ09 (2 weeks old in KY) 1100 miles. Having a new saddle made. I need a simple and easy headlight upgrade. My low beam is dangerous given I've a lot of wildlife where I live. I ran over a full grown raccoon last Saturday night. Bike is okay but the raccoon is not. I need an economical mirror fix: I need to see beside and behind me. Any advice for this senior citizen is appreciated.

·
Vendor
2,161 Posts
First Post: New FZ09 (2 weeks old in KY) 1100 miles. Having a new saddle made. I need a simple and easy headlight upgrade. My low beam is dangerous given I've a lot of wildlife where I live. I ran over a full grown raccoon last Saturday night. Bike is okay but the raccoon is not. I need an economical mirror fix: I need to see beside and behind me. Any advice for this senior citizen is appreciated.
First of all, welcome!
And secondly, there is a supporting vendor here that does incredible work with the headlight... AHR (Affordable HID Retrofitting). Do a quick search and you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
730 Posts
My hl was aimed high when I got it. Its very simple to re-aim.... silver hex head on the left rear of the assy. Righty tighty to lower.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
7 Participants
espospowdercoating
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
We’re the largest Yamaha forum for owners and enthusiasts of the FZ-09 and MT-09. The site has thousands of topics covering performance and reliability, photos, videos and more!
Full Forum Listing