Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just bought an fz 09 and picking it up tomorrow, can't wait to ride this thing. Also what are you guys running for jackets? Looking at some icon jackets because they seem to be cheep and look decent any suggestions? :confused: Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
What you may want kinda depends on what weather you ride in.

Mesh jackets are nice for warmer weather. Usually they have a waterproof removable liner. With liner and sweatshirt they can be worn with temps in the 50s.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Don't cheap out on gear.
Cheap and looks should not be your #1 concern. :)
I was thinking the same thing when I used to ride this one:
Blond Bikini Vehicle Fictional character

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
For me, nothing beats a proper leather jacket...even in the summer. Good ones are at least $300 usually.

Welcome!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What you may want kinda depends on what weather you ride in.

Mesh jackets are nice for warmer weather. Usually they have a waterproof removable liner. With liner and sweatshirt they can be worn with temps in the 50s.
Defiantly want something that isn't too hot. Here in New England it could be 50s in the morning and 90s and humid in the afternoon. And money doesn't really matter but don't want to overspend on gear that isn't any better in quality.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Was actually just looking at these, safety green is definitely where it's at!
If you get it or any jacket for that matter, upgrade the back protector, the shoulder and elbow/forearm armor is Ce rated but the back protector is foam crap.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you get it or any jacket for that matter, upgrade the back protector, the shoulder and elbow/forearm armor is Ce rated but the back protector is foam crap.
+1 one the protection especially in the back try and get a CE2 certified one. Also Cheap jackets are that for a reason, I've tried that route and you end up regretting it and replacing them every year. Alpinestars are quality products usually (although I do have issues with leaking gore-tex gloves I'm trying to get addressed).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can definitely relate when buying snowmobile gear, the cheaper stuff just doesn't last. And I've never had any issues with gore tex products, my ratty old hiking boots still don't leak!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
For the record I've only had the Viper air jacket for a few months so I can't speak to its quality yet but so far so good.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I also wear a mesh jacket with a sweatshirt in cooler weather. On hot days getting the shirt under the jacket wet has great cooling effect. I do like my leathers but mine are not actually motorcycle jackets and have poor airflow on hot days. My mesh is a Joe Rocket. The leathers are Spiderman (matches my helmet) and Broncos B2B Superbowl Champs (just not last year). Congrats on your purchase. I hope you love it as much as I do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts