Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I've been following some of the posts here for a while but thought it's time to actually register now :D

I'm in Germany and got my FZ-09 (MT-09 as they're called here) nearly 3 weeks ago. Ran it in gently the first 2 weeks and had the first service this week. Since then I've been grinning all day long :cool:

Mine is Race Blu and so far I've added a Puig Touring Windshield, a small licence plate holder, a couple of straps for luggage, a small teflon sheet (this one) to get the throttle to stop wiggling around and a Kappa tank bag.

Here some photos of the bike: Dropbox

Looking forward to get to know some of you and read all about your bikes and mods.

Cheers
Thomas

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Guten tag! Where abouts in DE are you? I travel out to Frankfurt and munich occasionally - always jealous of the car selection out there.

Welcome and ride safe.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
Congratulations! I have been waiting for that PUIG windscreen here in the USA but it's not avilable yet. The teflon throttle piece is just a sleeve to make the throttle slide better?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When are they planning availability in for the Puig one in the US? Maybe you can order it from Europe?

Yes, the teflon piece basically replaces the grease used under the throttle. Just take off the throttle, clean off the grease with brake cleaner, add the teflon piece and reassemble.
Here's a video a guy on the German MT-09 forum made to show how it's done: German MT-09 forum

Best 5 Euros I ever spent ;)

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have driven around that area, and thought, the Black Forest would be some awesome riding. If you're going to ride the Autobahn,you might as well have the power to keep up. Have fun, ride safe.

·
Registered
262 Posts
what is the thickness of the teflon sheet?

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Congratulations on the new 09,

Congratulations! I have been waiting for that PUIG windscreen here in the USA but it's not avilable yet....
You should be able to find the Puig Touring screen in the USA, here are a few link I know of.

Puig Touring Windscreen for FZ-09 14-15 - SoloMotoParts.com
Puig Touring Windscreens For 2013-2014 Yamaha FZ-09 / MT-09 | Motostarz USA | Motostarz.com
Yamaha Motorcycle Performance Parts & Accessories | Super Tenere | YZFR1 | FZ8
PUIG TOURING Wind Screen Fairing for Yamaha FZ-09/MT-09 (2013+)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
Rocky_MTN_FZ09
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
We’re the largest Yamaha forum for owners and enthusiasts of the FZ-09 and MT-09. The site has thousands of topics covering performance and reliability, photos, videos and more!
Full Forum Listing