Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys after a couple weeks of trying to decide between the 07 and 09 i finally bit the bullet and purchased the 09! pick it up next weekend. Heres to the longest week of my life:very_drunk:

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Nice ride and welcome. Where abouts are you in Nj?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Excellent Choice! At least it's not perfect riding weather today. Where did you buy the bike from?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Right on. I'm in Morris county. Do plenty of riding up in that area into Harriman and bear mountain.

Any mods on tap for the new ride?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bought the bike from a buddy of mine from cycle exchange in andover. bought it before they even unloaded the bike lol

already ordered a graves fender eliminator kit. i ride and race moto and have some carmichael handlebars laying around so gonna throw those on too. i also wanna get some levers and bar end mirrors (just not sure which ones yet). the stock ones are good they just feel big and strange to me.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
nice, i bought my previous bike from the same place - good guys there. I had bar ends and then went back to more traditional mirrors. I would have kept the bar ends if i knew what i knew now.

Check out CRG hindsight or blindsight mirrors - you'll need to get different bar end mounts (check out Rhinomoto bar ends) to mount them - this is simplest way or you can machine the current bar ends if you're handy - i personally when the rhinomoto bar end route and was happy with them (they also act as bar sliders).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice, i bought my previous bike from the same place - good guys there. I had bar ends and then went back to more traditional mirrors. I would have kept the bar ends if i knew what i knew now.

Check out CRG hindsight or blindsight mirrors - you'll need to get different bar end mounts (check out Rhinomoto bar ends) to mount them - this is simplest way or you can machine the current bar ends if you're handy - i personally when the rhinomoto bar end route and was happy with them (they also act as bar sliders).

is there any cheaper bar ends that will work? ive looked too much and its starting to confuse me lol

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you get hindsight or blindsight, you are good to go as long as you don't cut the Carmichaels, clamp them on the end-

Vehicle Auto part Motorcycle accessories Car Automotive exterior

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
ah crap - sorry i noticed you were putting aftermarket bars on there - not sure if rhino motos will fit. I have a pair of these and i'm not using them:

CRG Billet Internal Adapter For CRG Bar End Mirror - RevZilla

Reason i wasn't using them is with the stock bar end - they would make the throttle body stick - i'm not sure if the same issue will happen with the after market bars - either way - if you want them - their yours (just hit me back for shipping or i'm at the bike night at the chatterbox a few thursday's coming up - i'll bring em with me).

·
Registered
474 Posts
Congrats and welcome ! I notice you have a moto-x background, just wondering if this is your first street bike?

As Beck said, we ride a lot in NNJ and into NY. Let us know if you have fitment issues with the graves FE (mine was fine but some have complained recentlSee you around !

bought the bike from a buddy of mine from cycle exchange in andover. bought it before they even unloaded the bike lol

already ordered a graves fender eliminator kit. i ride and race moto and have some carmichael handlebars laying around so gonna throw those on too. i also wanna get some levers and bar end mirrors (just not sure which ones yet). the stock ones are good they just feel big and strange to me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats and welcome ! I notice you have a moto-x background, just wondering if this is your first street bike?

As Beck said, we ride a lot in NNJ and into NY. Let us know if you have fitment issues with the graves FE (mine was fine but some have complained recentlSee you around !
thanks! technically its my first street bike yea but have cruised around on a couple bikes from time to time. my dads got a ktm 950 adventure i take out when im injured and bored and cant race (like the last 3 years)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sorry to hear that . No doubt you are used to some power then. There have been folks who have crashed leaving the dealer lot . Let the tires come up to temp before getting to ham fisted with this torquey motor.

Sent from far outer space

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
426 Posts
Northern NJ as well?

I'm sure I'll see you out riding

·
Registered
426 Posts
I get up that way sometimes, I'm usually up in newton, Hope, etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
anybody know how the ebay led blinkers are? i wanna get rid of those huge stockers before i even ride it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts