Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! New rider here (3days) and getting used to my first motorcycle! I was a little scared about buying a 900 as my first bike from all the reviews online about this being a bad beginner bike, but I have 20 years of offroad experience racing motocross bikes and I'm loving this thing so far! I started out in B mode and traction control 2 and quickly moved (about 10 mins) to TC1 and have no problem in A mode. A mode is a little annoying around the city (Toronto) as it's very... choppy... I guess? But in the twisties and open roads A mode all day. Throttle control is key. The bike always has 115 HP. Just takes less wrist turn to get it all in the higher modes.

I'm going to be making some visual mods to this bike over the next few weeks, months, and maybe years. Starting tomorrow with bar end mirrors and a rear fender eliminator. So I guess stick around to see periodic updates to my new baby. Here she is fresh out of the dearship.

Mod hopes for now:
Fender eliminator
Bar end mirrors
Clubman bars
Gauge relocation
Update headlight
Front signals
Exhaust

·
Registered
120 Posts
Very Nice looks great...but what is that plastic cover over your clutch housing? There to reduce slipper clutch noise (dont notice it myself), check it out!! And the pumpkins...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congratulations! I know it’s personal preference, but my XSR already had clubmans on and it when I bought it and it was the most uncomfortable I had ever been. I’ve had CBR’s and R1’s in the past, so I wasn’t against leaning forward like that, but the clubmans were different. Maybe they were angled wrong or something, but I immediately swapped them out for something more comfortable. I went with woodcraft, but again, I know it’s personal preference. Just keep everything you’re replacing just in case you don’t like them. Here’s a photo of the difference in height between the clubmans and woodcrafts. The woodcrafts are still lower than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations! I know it’s personal preference, but my XSR already had clubmans on and it when I bought it and it was the most uncomfortable I had ever been. I’ve had CBR’s and R1’s in the past, so I wasn’t against leaning forward like that, but the clubmans were different. Maybe they were angled wrong or something, but I immediately swapped them out for something more comfortable. I went with woodcraft, but again, I know it’s personal preference. Just keep everything you’re replacing just in case you don’t like them. Here’s a photo of the difference in height between the clubmans and woodcrafts. The woodcrafts are still lower than stock.

Thanks for the info! I've heard many people didnt like the extreme position of the clubmans, I guess we will see how I feel with them. They're going to be here in about a week. I'll make sure to keep the stock bars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi ,
I went for the same blue colour - and the RD retro paint design . Some great mods you have done . I put a stone chip protector on my R & G rad ,matt black , it was an easy fit

·
Registered
56 Posts
It’s a great bike, you’ll really enjoy it.

If you want to take away that choppiness for around town, reflash is the way to go. I personally used Ivan’s but others have good reviews also.

For bars, I have both the woodcraft and the hurricane fat swallow. Both are awesome - just depends if you want to use a steering damper or not. For the cash, you really can’t beat the hurricane.

Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts