Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I currently have an XSR700 and have ordered the new XSR900. Has anyone heard of possible delivery dates? I have been gently following up with the dealer but has anyone got insider info?
I am sooo keen to get my hands on this bad boy.
dave

·
Registered
635 Posts
I recently spoke with a dealer who claimed to have an XSR900 due to be delivered in mid-July.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just test rode it this morning. I tried to switch between the diff (D) ride mods and I find that from between 1 & 4 I'm not really feeling a lot of difference. Is that how it is with yours? I'm on a 2018 MT09 so that one is night & day difference and very snatchy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just test rode it this morning. I tried to switch between the diff (D) ride mods and I find that from between 1 & 4 I'm not really feeling a lot of difference. Is that how it is with yours? I'm on a 2018 MT09 so that one is night & day difference and very snatchy.
I've only ridden mine in D modes 4 through 2, all in TCS in mode 2. I found mode 4 to be very subdued, like I was dragging a tractor tire behind me. Mode 3 had noticeably more poke, but took a deliberate twist of the wrist to fire up. Mode 2 was more aggressive again throughout the rev range requiring much less wrist twist to get on the beans. As I said, I haven't tried mode 1 yet, it has been way too wet here in Sydney for my skills to be strapping myself to a rocket and lighting the fuse.
Having said that, I have come from a restricted MT-07 to this bike, so the difference between the modes is really noticeable to me. For someone with more riding experience, the modes might be more indistinguishable from each other.
Like everything on the interwebs, YMMV.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks. My blue is getting delivered soon enough so I'll have more saddle time to really check that. Coming from the MT09, this XSR is going to be more behaved, I just hope not too much as we all need to have access to that rocket every now and then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just got mine Saturday and already have 740kms on the clock😳
I upgraded from the XSR700 so def a big step up. Longer swing arm really smoothes things out.
im loving this bike so much.

Does anyone know how many kms you generally gets once fuel light comes on and the counter starts up? The 700 used to be about 60 - 70kms
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
72 Posts
14L in the gas tank. About 18 km/L for me. The fuel gauge is not accurate in my experience. I always check the ODO to confirm.

·
Registered
72 Posts
is that the only option at this point?

How are u guys finding the suspension? my MT09 feels like it needs dampening (more rebound control specifically; pogo) but this one may be more on the firmer seat. Not sure or I'm riding my MT09 faster. Not sure. I'm not really a pro rider.

anyone here considering an akra on the new xsr 900?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts