Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i work at a motorcycle dealership so i have been selling the hell out of fz09 considering i own one. i find it interesting that the rapid red and the orange seem to come with bridestones yet the graphite comes with dunlops...

another difference i just noticed today was that my bar ends have a bolt through them and while i was showing a customer an fz09 today i noticed that the whole bar end just unscrews...

anyone have any insight as to why different tires or a barend issue??

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
The end of the bars are threaded and the bar ends screw in. Also the grips go past the end of the bars 14mm and the bar ends act as the rest of the bar. I suppose Yamaha did it to get the desired weight without making the bar ends looking so big.

I thought it was random which brand of tires an 09 not related to color, but maybe. My red has Bridgestones. Did anyone get a red or orange with Dunlops?

·
Registered
619 Posts
My red came with Dunlops. Build date of Feb '14

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have an Orange with the Dunlops. And Dunlops are staying on it. Just... different Dunlops =D (Roadsmart II). Build date November 2013.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My graphite has bridgestone too

·
Registered
127 Posts
Graphite with Dunlop's. Production date is 10-13 but it was received by the dealership in early April

·
Registered
150 Posts
Liquid Graphite with Bridgestones, build date: 10/13

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Any one have a photo of a bolted 09 bar end out of the bars? Seems the bars would have to be a different part number too. Not that I'll be ordering stock bars lol.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I thought it was random which brand of tires an 09 not related to color, but maybe. My red has Bridgestones. Did anyone get a red or orange with Dunlops?
My Orange bike has Dunlops...not looking at the bike right now but I think the build date is 11/13

1 - 20 of 32 Posts