Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
They put cruise control on those yet? I love that engine, but I gots to have CC on a sport tourer.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
No, unfortunately they did not...at least not yet!
I'm ok with it, I only use my bikes for the twisties on the weekends... Lower back injury and sciatica prevent me from riding sport bikes. This is as close as I can get to a sport bike and still be comfortable, almost as comfortable as the FZ09. ?
Here is something really easy that would fix that:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I know people on forums that use them, but they sketch me out.
I would have owned a Ninja 1000 by now except they always had a terrible vibration right in the 5000-6000 rpm range that was a deal breaker, but I'm hearing they've addressed this issue with the last couple model years. If it had electronic cruise it'd definitely be on my radar. As I said I love that engine. I had it in the Z1000. Enjoy the new bike.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This looks interesting... but from pics and vids I cant tell if I hate or like the look... ?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
@ Harry Balzak

Of course... A few months after I bought mine... They come out with the cruise control model...???

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I know I saw this yesterday. This may replace my new Tracer GT, although I really like the Tracer so it'll be a tough decision. There may be one hang up still though. I need to put a top case on my sport touring bike as I usually take camping gear and rain gear etc. So I went on Kawasaki's site yesterday to see pricing on their top case and to also see if maybe my current top case might be swappable. So from what I can see it says the top case and rack etc. is not compatible with the side cases, as in you can't have both mounted. Now this seems really really stupid for a design team to do. Why would you design a sport touring bike that isn't able to have both, YOUR top case, and YOUR side bags together? One, people who actually tour are going to want the extra storage space, and a back rest for the passenger, and two, why would you limit the amount of money they can spend on your accessories?

I'm hoping I'm just misreading this and if I'm not hopefully the aftermarket will address it. I guess I'll just have to wait and see once they hit the showroom floor. 1st world problems are tough I tell ya.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,660 Posts
As I recall, Yamaha said the same thing about the FJR 1300. When I bought the top case for mine, it warned me not to use it with the saddlebags. I'm sure it was just the legal department making the rules, in case a couple of 300 pound people loaded up all their luggage in all three cases, and then proceeded to go out and blow a tire on the freeway.

This may be a similar situation… ??‍♂

21 - 29 of 29 Posts