Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Been lurking around, and havent been posting since last year when the forum had issues with posting /attaching pictures...

Well, about 10day ago I pulled the trigger and got a 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS. ?
Still got the Victory Octane and the FZ09,butt the FZ09 might go up for sale soon...?

2019 Ninja 1k is really smooth, aweome brakes and suspension, comfortable... and wind protection!!!. This is still a weekend ride (as with my all bikes I never use them for commuting) and in 2 weekends -actually 3 days to be exact, I managed to put 700miles on it. First sevice done at 600miles....and already did all the mods to it that I want...????

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
316 Posts
Looks slick. I'm surprised the redline is so low on it; I thought I4s are supposed to rev a lot more than triples.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Number of cylinders has nothing to do with it, bore and stroke (mostly stroke) are the key. Piston speed and weight can't get above a certain number or connecting rods will likely fail.

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
316 Posts
Number of cylinders has nothing to do with it
Ehhhh, I think that's an oversimplification (much like my deduction that as a 4 cylinder it should rev higher is an oversimplification).

My, admittedly limited, understanding of engine design is that there are engine designs that are more or less balanced than others, and that plays a role in their rev limits. There are bigger factors as well, like as you stated: the bore & stroke, piston weight, piston speeds, etc, and many of the imbalances can be offset by counterweights or countershafts (IE, reasons that bike engines generally rev higher than their automotive counterparts). According to the linked Wikipedia article, 3 cylinders are actually inherently well balanced, so they should rev very well (and obviously do) so my presumption of a 4 being higher revving was flawed from the beginning. So my bad!

But now I've really digressed and derailed off the original topic, an awesome new bike.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Nice bike, but this is a FZ09.org forum. I have a Kawasaki. That is not a SR71.

Good luck, some where else, Want a pictue of my 20 year old Toyota Tacoma truck, its black too?

Ride sane

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@alnbama

How about you don't click on "other bikes"?!? ...a kawasaki is still a bike... A Tacoma is still a truck...
There is no section for trucks on the FZ09.org forum ...but I guess that would require too much brain power to even comprehend all this...
Run back to your safe place or play with your comfort pet in your truckand don't click on other bikes next time...

·
Registered
130 Posts
One of the guys at work is selling one of those (and a Goldwing). Sadly not interested in either. Hell I haven't even rode my FZ-09 (barely) this summer. :-(

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The more I ride it the more I like it... I wish the stock brakes on the FZ09 were as good as the ninja 1k brakes...and the transmission is really smooth on the 1k compared to the FZ09. Having a 200mile range on 1 tank of gas is amazing!
Still love the FZ09 and keeping it... especially after I see all the posts about problems with the CPU flashes. Mine is really smooth in all modes, and I didnt have to mess with the block off plates or anything else. The flash was that good.
Desert bloom:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts