Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WoW!....what a bike!.....:cool:....as old as I am I even feel the amaaazing lure of this machine and it's definitely on my BUY List......it seems to me its got-to-be a legend in the making with such an incredibly athletic profile at such a price.... this forum has allowed my desire to ride and own become even stronger....THANK YOU....:eagerness:....My name is Jerry and Im new to the sport and will need a lot of guidance if Im going to fully enjoy the FZ-09 experience...so far the threads I have read here suggest to me you're a great bunch of dedicated men and women with the know-how of skilled pros & have already turned this beauty of a motorcycle into a waiting Legend-to-be for us to love and enjoy now.....my only question or curiosity up to this point is if anyone has done any before and after track tests or some other structured field testing so a technical judgemental comparison can exist...any?...needless-to-say the emotional response from the owners who upgraded their bikes using the solutions from StoltecMoto were off the charts and suggest a home run was hit...BRAVO!.......BTW...for the last year I have been in the Phillipines adventure riding the island of Palawan with my love Joie....ofc the bikes here are really light but they work great and lodging is more than affordable so packing is always light......lol.... the roads here can be extremely fun and dangerous at the same time and the trails even more so yet I loved every km from Rio Tuba to El Nido and back...Im returning home to Jupiter Florida in a few weeks and hope to be picking up a FZ-09 for myself ASAP...I hear you meet even nicer people on Yamahas!..:)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome. You didn't specify how old you are but I am 50 and there is one guy here that says he invented dirt. I love the FZ09. Got it in April and have put about 2000 miles on it. Lots of power but very comfortable as well. I have had many bikes and I think this is probably my favorite. I have not done any modifications yet due to a lack of funds. Maybe over the winter and after my daughter's wedding. I don't think you could go wrong buying an FZ. Hope to see pictures of your new one soon. Cheers!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Welcome to the FZ-09 Addiction. Many here have done Mod's and some feel many essential. I believe you can ride stock and have a blast...:eagerness: But the addiction will overcome.....

Several south Florida members here, although one resident expert IMHO........Marthy in PBC. He's very avail & will get you on the right track, no pun intended. :cool:

Again Welcome here. Looking forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx for the warm welcome and kind words.....im 57 and feeling all OK.....that was pretty funny about older than dirt....im impressed with you fondness of the FZ....this would be my first street bike but what the hell!....im feel'n it on this one.....whadda u think?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx steve....im in PBC as well and will look forward to hooking up.....:eagerness:.....the pic looks great!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The 09 is a great bike but if you are new to the sport (or returning after a long absence) please by cautious for the first several months if you buy one. We have had several forum member who have crashed their 09s relatively soon after purchase. The bike is not unsafe but it is a powerful, lightweight bike that lures some into getting over their heads. Insurances rates are beginning to reflect this.

I mean no offense to anyone, I have crashed bikes myself. But a new rider on the 09 will have to be very careful and use good judgement to stay out of trouble. Sorry for the preaching.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
thx steve....im in PBC as well and will look forward to hooking up.....:eagerness:.....the pic looks great!
Sorry. I didn't realize....I guess we have Two Experts, plus Me in PBC....

Who knew :eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Aloha and welcome to the forum. Age has no relevance when it comes to riding, many of us on here are in our 40's and 50's, but Pacer made a great point-this is a powerful,lightweight bike and there is a certain 'learning curve', even for us veterans. When you get it, just take your time and get to know the bike and its(and your) limits and you'll be fine...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hello, and Welcome. Glad you joined us! Most but not all Yamaha riders are nicer. The FZ-09 deserves respect and caution is prudent. This is not the best beginner street bike so take it slow and easy until you get you get to know this bike well. I'm 60 buy the way.
:color: :cool: :color:

Re-read your post and this is not your first bike? Just be careful. Best of luck!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome!..AGE IS JUST A NUMBER, im 28 lol, but yes, the FZ 09 is the most amazing machine out there, a true beast, DEFINITELY AN ADDICTION:) ALWAYS RIDE SAFE

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
happy b'day too!...lol.....youre a tad ahead of me at 60...im 57 and after so many years of H.I.T. sports im not planning to get craaaaazzzy on the bike...I left those days behind in Brooklyn many years ago..i think...;)

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Just a few friendly suggestions:

MC Safety Course -- two days, usually Sat & Sunday. They supply bike and it's often $250. Easy way to get ur MC License.

ATGATT. No exceptions. None. Start by Always wearing a Full Face Helmet......etc. no exceptions....all the time.

Read -- See MC Instructional Books at Amazon. Look for the small handful with 5 Star Reviews. The same 4-5 Books stand out. You find them......It's another Key to unlocking this new sport.

Good Luck :blob7::blob7::blob7::blob7:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
...its ok.. you're the coolest reply.....I am no beginner even though im new....the learning curve is a big part of the allure ....ofc the guidance I need is a key as well but I think I will/hope find it.....so far so good...this forum has provided a lot of value and may be amazingly resourceful to me every step of the way...I don't know...either way what I have read so far is great...VIVA Il FZ-09!!...lol.....:eek:ccasion14:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts