Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to be totally ready for the day the dealer calls and says........"It's Here....come and get it. I'm going to trailer the bike home and as soon as it comes out of the trailer it's getting a brand new set of Dunlop Q3's. Got them bought today and the good news is that Aug 1st through Aug. 31, there is a $40 rebate on a set of the Q3's. So, there will be a set of brand new take offs for sale.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice tyres Sir! ... you know you still gotta let the bike 'run in' eh! ;) ... still i reckon you shall have the tightest corners on 'first ride adventure' for the new unit! .. you planning on cornering around the edge of a quarter huh?! :p

·
Super Moderator
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
188 Posts
yeah .. you lucky lucky bastid! .. saw your mention of The Dragon last week... i'm not ... j ..... jjj .... jealszszszszsz ..... dammit! .. yes i am!! .. :cool:

im not laying awake at night and fretting over not being near Deals gap....... :rolleyes: ... not anymore!!... the nice doctor man gave me these pills eh!! .. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's funny ^^^^^^^

·
Registered
699 Posts
Nice Triple!!! I have been exploring our area quite a bit, and the TX Hill Country may not have a Deals Gap that I have found yet, but the twisties are a blast!

I am in the market for a new set of shoes for the Bonnie right now. I am overloaded with options. Not to mention that I cannot figure out which way I want to go with her. Do I keep it vintage, or take it down to the café? Decisions, decisions.

·
Super Moderator
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nick, my wife use to live in Richardson and use to ride in the hill country quite a bit....I'll ask her if she remembers any good roads in particular.

Reactions: NickJ

·
Super Moderator
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, I had a chat with warden this evening about her former life in the Richardson, TX area and her rides to the hill country. She has been away from that area for right at 12 years and really has no recollection of road numbers, routes, etc. When she was married to her ex, they did a lot of group rides in that area, and she was mostly doing a follow the leader type riding, so she didn't really have to remember routes numbers and such. What I did find though is a website (you already know about it) that looks like it's got quite a lot of info about the hill country area. Sorry I couldn't help more, but that all we got!

Motorcycle Riding in the Texas Hill Country

·
Registered
699 Posts
Dont be sorry at all Vern! You did what you could, and I love to explore things in the first place, so I am down to put the sticky side to the black stuff. Thank you!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I am trying to be totally ready for the day the dealer calls and says........"It's Here....come and get it. I'm going to trailer the bike home and as soon as it comes out of the trailer it's getting a brand new set of Dunlop Q3's. Got them bought today and the good news is that Aug 1st through Aug. 31, there is a $40 rebate on a set of the Q3's. So, there will be a set of brand new take offs for sale.
I just read that 1/2 of the FZ 09's will have Dunlops on them the other half will have Bridgestones sorry i don't think it mentioned models they are but from what i know is usually the dun lops have better traction but don't last as long as bridgestones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts