Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I hit the lottery and had the dough to get a second bike to complement the FZ, I think the new V-Strom 1000 might be just the ticket. Lightweight (503 lbs with a full 5.3 gallon tank of gas), lots of usable torque (76 ft/lbs at only 4000 rpm), very comfortable riding position. I could definitely see it for long trips, a practical and manageable touring bike. I'm not into the adventure bike styling so much, but it's not a deal-killer for me.

Anybody else think this might be a neat touring-oriented stablemate for the FZ?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've got an 09 Vstrom 1000 that I bought new with over 40k miles of touring on it. Great bike easy to ride and easy to put a lot of miles on. However today I would get the Yamaha Tenera I think it would compliment the FZ.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
To be fair honest, if I didn't get the naked ride bug I would have a Strom 1K park in the man cave.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I like the new Strom too, but there is still nothing wrong with the old Strom and there will be deals on those models. Just don't be fooled by that "Adventure" tag. I saw a guy flip his strom forward trying to ride on a trail last summer. Broke his bike, two ribs and collapsed a lung. They are great touring bikes and very comfortable, but I'd rather take my light and low FZ down a dirt road than one of those tall and heavy "Adventure" bikes.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Meh..
Saw one at the show, sat on it. I like the foward progress (usd forks, abs, tc) but I'm hanging on to my Tenere. 37km on it in two years, and it's a blast.
Owned a 06 vstrom 1000 (55km on that-sold). The tenere kicks ass on it in a lot of places. Offroad it simply shines.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
my cousin has the previous gen. It's a great bike (he let me ride it for a bit) although the seat height was a bit too high for my liking. The only complaint i have about it is not the bike itself but the 2 rear firing exhaust take about 3 years off any riders life riding behind one. I seriously smell the exhaust the entire time we're riding.

Now that i have the FZ, i plan on eating a few burritos before riding and getting in front of him and producing far worse gas through another "exhaust" not connected to my bike ;)

Reactions: v2Bob
1 - 6 of 6 Posts