Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
with all the brackets and etc you could make it fit.(even adding custum made brackets)

my only issue may be that you need some wiring change done, wich could get complicated if you are new to wiring on bikes.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
There is a bunch of wires as stated above that are in the headlamp on the 15's and most of that got moved on the 17's to other locations ..... so yes you would have to move some stuff around as wiring go's ..not easy but I guess if willing it can be done !

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm planning on going the other way. 7" halogen on a '17. I have figured out the wiring and tested it on a H4 bulb. It works. You'll need to use resistors, I think, where I need to use relays. I can upload all my pics of the diagrams I drew when I get home this evening. You should be able to figure it out from there.

P.S./edit why do you want to do this? Why not just get a J.W. Speaker adaptive for your bike? The 17 LED has a horrible pattern for cornering at night, like the inside of the turn goes black when you lean in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just liked the look but if the lighting sucks then I guess I should just stay with what I have

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Turbomopar
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
We’re the largest Yamaha forum for owners and enthusiasts of the FZ-09 and MT-09. The site has thousands of topics covering performance and reliability, photos, videos and more!
Full Forum Listing