Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

New solo cowl!

25K views 55 replies 17 participants last post by  RBC 
#1 ·
Reactions: ak_rr
#4 ·
I agree.. Little "boxie" but I'm not sure yet.

#5 ·
i like it better than the other one buti can't believe how much these damn things cost for a piece of plastic. how much beer do i have to give someone on here to fab one for cheaper?

#6 ·
Ya I don't understand where Yamaha gets off asking 250 for a seat thong..

#8 ·
That's insane.. The current belly pans need to be closed in the middle.. right now they're more like exhaust fairings

#12 ·
Reactions: ak_rr
#13 ·
Let me know if you decide to buy this! It looks like it's a clip-on cowl and I'd worry about the quality of the plastics. :(

#15 ·
I like it better than the Ermax one, but it's not blowing my skirt up enough to part with that much $$.

I like the other mock ups on the Pyramid Plastics website, so I'll wait and see what they come up with.

#17 ·
Good to hear you've had experience with them.. I'm trying to get them to send more pictures..

#19 ·
Excellent! Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it and seeing better pictures.. I agree they tried a little to hard on the ermax, it's just not right.

#25 ·
Good to see more angles of it.. I'm even more interested now that I know it's not just a block.. Looking forward to the installed pics..

#31 ·
just styling my friend. i got the one from the ebay seller in michigan so it should be here quicker than from the uk. I'll post up pics of it installed. last night i grinded up the pass peg bracket in order to bolt up the rear brake res...painting it now and should be ready by the time the cowl shows up. im just going to duct/electrical tape up the tabs to protect the seat.

#36 ·
i received mine today, decent quality looks good on the bike. they took the styling from the hugger as it mirrors its look. the tabs are glued on as shown in the pics leading to one thing i didnt like. as i was bending a tab in place as instructed some of the glue failed slightly on one of the tabs. it doesnt affect anything at this point. I would have liked to have seen the tabs riveted on instead of glued though.

#37 ·
Pictures?

#39 ·
That looks good! Can we get more angles?

#42 ·
Looks real good.. Thanks for the pix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.