Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What your guys opinion on the seat? Like it? Hate it? I’m impartial but I kinda like it because it’s different. I know red is prob not the best colour to match it with though.

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
756 Posts
What your guys opinion on the seat? Like it? Hate it? I’m impartial but I kinda like it because it’s different. I know red is prob not the best colour to match it with though. View attachment 163172
Cool seat but not a fan with it on a red bike. Did you do yourself? Looks good when looking at just the seat! What crash bars are those?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Cool seat but not a fan with it on a red bike. Did you do yourself? Looks good when looking at just the seat! What crash bars are those?
Judging by the diameter of the tubing that is a "stunt cage" rather than a set of crash bars.

Crash bars are there "if" you fall off.

Stunt cage is there for "when" you fall off.

So the FZ-09 was just about the lightest bike in its class when it was introduced. So the best thing to do is to fit the heaviest crash cage that one can find to "bring it back to normal".

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a custom seat with just brown leather. A darker brown would have been better but I was going for a cafe racer lookeven though I know The bike isn’t one. It’s starting to grow on me more and and more.

it’s a stunt cage and I believe it’s a company called r Gaza.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I'm no Picasso, but I think the color combinations are clashing like a mofo.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
yeah i hate the stock seat, thats why wanted something different
I bought a used 1st gen factory comfort and it blows. Its somehow harder than the crappy stock seat. It looks almost like the stock one though. Im also short so I have to be mindful about how thick the padding is. It sucks that there is so much tradeoff with aesthetics vs comfort when it comes to these seats.

·
Registered
2015 FZ 09
42 Posts
If it was black it'd look good. But it's not and it doesn't match well, but you know this. But also, if you like it, who cares!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If it was black it'd look good. But it's not and it doesn't match well, but you know this. But also, if you like it, who cares!
Yeah i know. I wish i got black but oh well..... i do like it and there is actually extra foam on this seat which i assume will make it alot comfier than stock

Btw nice bike @Annihilator. love that ohlins. .

·
Registered
2015 FZ 09
42 Posts
Yeah i know. I wish i got black but oh well..... i do like it and there is actually extra foam on this seat which i assume will make it alot comfier than stock

Btw nice bike @Annihilator. love that ohlins. .
Just an idea... you could wrap the red pieces on your bike in black or yellow to bring it all together nicely.

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
756 Posts
Get some coconut oil and darken it up. Once the leather absorbs the oil it becomes dry to the touch and also acts as a conditioner.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Get some coconut oil and darken it up. Once the leather absorbs the oil it becomes dry to the touch and also acts as a conditioner.
will it actually darken it up if i use coconut oil? I have leather conditioner at home and i konw it darkens leather alittle but it's temporary until the conditioner wears off.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts