Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The seat is now done and dantheman here on the forum has the first one. I will offer a introductory group buy. It will run from now till January 5th. The discounts will be as follows:
1-5 seats 15% off and free US shipping
6-10 seats 20% off and free US shipping
11+ 30% off and free US shipping

Attachments

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Look nice. You should add some info... might be in if price is right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
How does this work? Do you modify our stock seat? What changes do you make? Did Dan review the final result? This bike hurts my tailbone

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm definitely in! Let us know how this is going to work, do we PM you, a code on your website? Guys, I've got 2 seats from these guys, one on my Tenere and one on my DRZ400, well worth it. They supply foam and a new cover and you install, it's not difficult, or they will install for $20 plus shipping your seat to them.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I have installed a lot of seat covers and foam on dirt bikes. There are a couple of tricks to getting it right. First, I use a compressed air staple gun with the right type and length of staples. There are a few DYI examples on the internet. A warm environment with a hair dryer is a must to getting the cover tight and wrinkle free. The position of the first 6 staples is paramount to getting the cover to stretch and align properly.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I wonder if they need to be shipped to the same place? I emailed them some other questions (cushioning the passenger seat, red stitching or red side panels...). I forgot to ask about how the bigger discounts work.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Interested. So I get foam and the cover in the mail? Or do I send you my seat and you install it on there? Or do I get a whole new seat.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Getting this for 159-30%=$111 would be a great deal that's being offered on this. Let's get 11 people and lock this in! Our nuts will thank us.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Getting this for 159-30%=$111 would be a great deal that's being offered on this. Let's get 11 people and lock this in! Our nuts will thank us.
Lol your nuts will thank you also your wrist and butt. I can speak for it and it feels great. Plus it looks good to imho

·
Registered
962 Posts
For 159.99 minus the discount, you can get the cover and foam in the mail and install it yourself - it's really not that hard. You will need a good spray adhesive (ie: a can of 3M 80), and a strong staple gun. You can mail your seat and $20 to them - and they'll install it for you.

For an extra $20 they'll use red stitching (really nice touch), or red carbon vinyl instead of the black. You can google "seat concepts crf250" and see some good shots of the red carbon. Vinyl will never exactly match paint in color - but I think it would look really cool.

Unfortunately - they don't change the passenger area other than using their better foam - so I think I need to keep looking. They make excellent seats at an incredible price, and are great people to work with though. I helped a friend put their seat onto a DR650 that I'd sold him - and it made me regret selling the bike...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Its your option to do self install or pay 20 and send them your seat and they will do it for u
How long does it take them? I'll take a drive up there so I could get a 1 day turn around...if it's being offered. If that's the case I'm definitely in.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Lol your nuts will thank you also your wrist and butt. I can speak for it and it feels great. Plus it looks good to imho
Dan, a little more detail please on the difference b/w the stock seat and your new one?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Dan, a little more detail please on the difference b/w the stock seat and your new one?
The angle of my stock seat made me lean forward and put weight on my wrists and would make me tense up after awhile. New seat removes the forced forward lean much more comfortable for me. Also my but would start to get numb and painfull after around 20 30 miles. One day my tailbone felt bruised after a long ride. New seat I rode 80 miles and felt ok. Had to change position a couple times but no pain or numbness.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The stock foam is no comparison to the seat concepts foam. Its much softer. I feel this seat gives you the sportiest look with best feel.

1 - 20 of 231 Posts