Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elka Suspension has finished development of their three new shock options for the FZ09. I have there shocks on my sled and have been very impressed so I am very excited about them finishing development of their shock for the FZ09. I already ordered my Stage 5 Elka shock that includes separate High/Low speed compression damping, rebound damping, and adjustable ride height with remote reservoir at a great price point. Can't wait to take delivery and get installed. For all you Americans with your dollar advantage this will be a smoking deal!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Elka Suspension has finished development of their three new shock options for the FZ09. I have there shocks on my sled and have been very impressed so I am very excited about them finishing development of their shock for the FZ09. I already ordered my Stage 5 Elka shock that includes separate High/Low speed compression damping, rebound damping, and adjustable ride height with remote reservoir at a great price point. Can't wait to take delivery and get installed. For all you Americans with your dollar advantage this will be a smoking deal!
Thanks for the heads up brother

·
Registered
957 Posts
Nice to see Elka finally got on board with this bike. There's a reason Elka is the preferred aftermarket shock among SV650 owners, even more than Ohlins or Penske.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use a Penske on my FZ 09 as this was the best available a year ago and has been brilliant, however I have an Elka 4 way on my Vstrom 650 and it's the ducks guts. Great to see everyone get on board and offer a wide variety of options for our bike.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Great news! Elka makes great suspension, and is Canadian to boot!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
It's nice to see good Canadian suppliers, so we don't have to deal with exchange rates, duty and brokerage fees.

I'll have to add them to the Canadian Supplier list.

http://www.elkasuspension.com/fz092015/

We are now offering a shock to suit your needs for your Yamaha FZ-09 or FJ-09, 2014 or 2015

Improve Riding Comfort
Adjustable Ride Height
Rebound Adjustment
Adjustable Compression (high/low speed Stage 5, low speed only Stage 4)
Internal Floating Piston (Stage 2)
New Lightweight aluminium bodies

*All our shocks are custom made for the riders needs.
We are offering this new shock on our aluminium platform, see below for pricing.
Stage 5 $999
Stage 4 $799
Stage 2 IFP $599

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
$600 is right in line with the penske single clicker and the ohlins option - nice.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Nice. The adjustable ride height grabs my attention- how much difference can they make?

·
Registered
115 Posts
yup. Canadian Dollar is floating around 80 cents US, so knock 20% off if you are American. I've definitely moved this shock to the top of my to-do list.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Finally ;-)

·
Registered
120 Posts
But it also looks like they followed Race Tech's lead and placed the preload adjuster on the wrong side of the shock according to the pic anyway.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
But it also looks like they followed Race Tech's lead and placed the preload adjuster on the wrong side of the shock according to the pic anyway.
Those pics are of the shock they used for getting the valving right. The production shock will have preload on the proper end.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i dont like it, the way you have to use those clamps on the frame, is unprofessional and gives the bike a slapjob look.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts