Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I installed a New Rage Fender Eliminator and plugged the four main wires in. The blinkers work but the brake/tail light doesn’t. I plugged the stock Fender back in and am having the same issue, blinkers work, brake/tail light not working. There are two other sets of wires. I think one set is for the license plate and one set comes out of the Fender Eliminator. Not sure what it is for or where to plug those in either. If anyone can help that would be great! I can send pics later if that helps. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been making my own with some LED strips from Amazon and found that I blew a fuse by messing with the wiring while the ignition was on. I heard the pop near the front end and found the 7.5 amp fuse blown which regulates the brake light. You may have just blown the fuse, it's inside the box thingie on the right side just in front of the tank. Hopefully that's all it is.

I ended up blowing it again and glad I bought a pack of them!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi All,

I installed a New Rage Fender Eliminator and plugged the four main wires in. The blinkers work but the brake/tail light doesn’t. I plugged the stock Fender back in and am having the same issue, blinkers work, brake/tail light not working. There are two other sets of wires. I think one set is for the license plate and one set comes out of the Fender Eliminator. Not sure what it is for or where to plug those in either. If anyone can help that would be great! I can send pics later if that helps. Thanks!
Check to see if your tail light fuse isn't blown.
The plate light is removable from the main body of the fender eliminator kit, it should come with a connector, color coded.
Let me know if you still need help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

do you fix the problem im having the same issue

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sounds like a blown fuse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts