Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Will the self canceling also time out while in the 4-way flasher mode ? Would not want that to happen !
The self cancel is time based, so would turn off if you have it set to cancel. You can simply turn this off if you have your hazards on and want it to stay on.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
An accelerometer added to the mix would be the ticket, but the price would definitely increase.
I can look into this but will cost more for sure.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Pretty sure this will change over. I believe the FJR has a 2 wire flasher relay. MANY of the new bikes have this flasher relay, or it can be wired in no problem.
Let me know what filament bulbs it has and we can see if it will work.
I am going to do a video with filament bulbs as well to show the effects.
We have led replacement bulbs, could get some nice led replacement for the FJR.

Curious if this will be able to transfer over to the FJR

Might have quite the market there - though not much chance anyone will try to switch out the regular bulbs for LED's

·
Registered
109 Posts
Willing to try it. Would surely make a good advertisement up here in Canada ;-)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Checkout done,

very cool product, I really like the strobe effect, it will surely get cager's attention.
And big plus I won't ever look like a newbie because I forgot my blinker 3 miles ago. :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
The self cancelling flasher was programmable in many rates, 100, 200 ... cycles, how it means, 100 seconds, 100 blinking??

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
The self cancelling flasher was programmable in many rates, 100, 200 ... cycles, how it means, 100 seconds, 100 blinking??
For example. If your flash option chosen is 2 times per second and have the time out set for 200/2 this would be 100 seconds and the light will turn off.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
fronts are 21/5w, rears are 21w.
Thanks. With this you have 42watts when you engage the signal using factory bulbs.
If you have factory front and rear bulbs you "CAN NOT" use the hazard function. This results in 84 watts of power. This is too much for the relay to handle.
We are looking at carrying led bulbs to replace the factory ones. If you switch out to led's in the front or rear only and have bulbs on the other you should be fine using the hazards.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yes a pic would be nice....
Here is a picture of the prototype "with push button switches installed"
We will offer an upgrade to have switches installed, otherwise you will need to touch the white and/or green wire to the ground to change options.
White plug will plug into your flasher relay socket next to the battery and the grounding eyelit will attach to the negative on the battery.

photo.jpg

·
Registered
109 Posts
Here is a picture of the prototype "with push button switches installed"
We will offer an upgrade to have switches installed, otherwise you will need to touch the white and/or green wire to the ground to change options.
White plug will plug into your flasher relay socket next to the battery and the grounding eyelit will attach to the negative on the battery.

View attachment 20741
Awesome thanks! So what is the price with the "upgrade"?

21 - 40 of 63 Posts