Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those that we have ridden with you might have seen it. We have been working on a new flasher relay for the bikes.

What's different about this flasher relay is it has multiple flash options for you to choose from. Around 40 different flash options!!!!

This flasher relay also has a self cancel feature so if you leave your signal on it will turn it off automatic. The self cancel has 4 different times you can select from depending how long you want to leave it on before cancelling.

I will get some video of this in action. Have the prototype all finished up and working on production of these. Hopefully have them ready to go in 2-3 weeks. This is smaller than any flasher relay available. Doesn't take up any extra room. Plug n play and only needs a ground connection

Probably going to need some testers for the FZ to make sure everything works as planned.
This IS PLUG N PLAY FOR THE FZ09!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0539[1].jpg

Pre order sale pricing
http://tripageled.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=204

·
Registered
558 Posts
I volunteer to be a beta tester! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
Very nice. It's pretty cool to see where the engineering mindset is leading us. I suppose it would work with my bulbous OEM pumpkins?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
You've got mail.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Relay can only handle 50watts total so if you have factory signals you can't use the hazard function.

Haven't seen the OEM signals to know the wattage they are but guessing 21watts per bulb.

If you have led's you will be fine to use the hazard function.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Does the auto cancel function timer stop when the clutch is pulled in? For example: you turn on your left turn signal and pull into a left turn pocket to wait with the bike in gear and the clutch in until the left turn green arrow comes on.

Could be a couple of minutes or two and it would be silly for the timer to count down during that time.

What about if the bike is in neutral? I don't recommend sitting in a left turn pocket in neutral but people do it an again it would be silly for the timer to count down during this time.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Does the auto cancel function timer stop when the clutch is pulled in? For example: you turn on your left turn signal and pull into a left turn pocket to wait with the bike in gear and the clutch in until the left turn green arrow comes on.

Could be a couple of minutes or two and it would be silly for the timer to count down during that time.

What about if the bike is in neutral? I don't recommend sitting in a left turn pocket in neutral but people do it an again it would be silly for the timer to count down during this time.
The flasher relay/timer is an all in one unit. We can't tap into the neutral/clutch lever and make it all plug n play for a number of bikes. It's a time based flasher.

You can pick the signal canceling time or have no timeout.
100,150,200,250 cycles are the timeout options. Might change this but have to see how it is used. If you are sitting at a left hand light and there is a long time before you turn, the signal may cancel out depending on how long the light is. We can add some more cycles if needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks great. will you be shipping overseas, i.e. Australia?

Also does the install need any changes to wiring or are you saying it just needs an earth wire attached?

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks great. will you be shipping overseas, i.e. Australia?

Also does the install need any changes to wiring or are you saying it just needs an earth wire attached?
Wiring is OEM plug just like it is now, just needs a ground connection. Signal selection and self cancel selection can be made by grounding either of the other 2 wires on the relay.

What is the longest time frame in seconds you think you would need the self cancel to function? I am road testing this but we don't have too many long timed lights around this area.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Very very cool upgrade to a very under appreciated product! If the price is semi on par with the "old" flasher relay I bet you sell a boat load of these units! congrats, and kudos.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I like the idea of self cancelling signals, but for this to really work properly, it needs to go by distance, not time. This way, it would stay on during the entire duration of sitting at a stop light, and wouldn't leave them on for a minute or so after a lane change.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4

·
Registered
262 Posts
announce the price when releashed!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
if it times out at a stop light. just restart it !
Pretty much this.....its not freakin rocket science..:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
This is an awesome upgrade! I'm so used to the canceling on my vmax that when I ride the FZ I forget to shut them off. The small switch doesn't help either!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Curious if this will be able to transfer over to the FJR

Might have quite the market there - though not much chance anyone will try to switch out the regular bulbs for LED's

·
Registered
474 Posts
I need one please !

1 - 20 of 63 Posts