Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
22 R7 | 21 T7
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Product!

520 chain conversion kits for your FZ-09/XSR900/FJ-09. Not only does this kit save rotating and unsprung mass, but you'll have the option of running the stock length chain (110 link) or longer (112 link). Check out our build thread for details on the origin of this kit. Regardless of which bike you ride, we recommend the extended chain to everyone. The longer wheelbase and steeper steering head combine to maintain the bike's inherent flickability while also increasing drive out of corners. Also helps quell the triple's raucous wheelies.

Includes Supersprox sprockets and DID ZVMX chain.

14+ FZ-09/XSR900/FJ-09 520 Chain Conversion Kits

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have that same EK ThreeD black/gold chain on my FZ. It's approaching 12K miles and still looks brand new. It's a very high quality chain.

·
Registered
175 Posts
No. The gold sprockets are standard, but other colors are available as a custom build option. For that matter, please note that the chain shown (black plates) is not the DID chain we're including with this kit. The DID ZVMX chain is gold.
What colours are available? I see black, blue, red and gold on their website, are there any other options? (Purple?)

Thanks

·
Registered
673 Posts
We didn't have luck dealing with that chain, or EK, for that matter. Still, that is the lightest 520 chain on the market.
My mistake- I see it's a DID. They look near identical.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.