Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Thank you Mr. "Nuts" for the link to the pictures.....I am really impressed with the way the Rapid Red looks. Excuse me for a few minutes, I've got to get something to clean the keyboard off! :sign19: :headbang:

On a different topic.....after looking at the new pics, some of the cornering shots makes it look like there is NOT a whole lot of clearance when the bike is leaned over moderately.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On a different topic.....after looking at the new pics, some of the cornering shots makes it look like there is NOT a whole lot of clearance when the bike is leaned over moderately.
yes, the alternator on the left side of the crank looks like it sticks out a lot, but i think that's at least partially due to the fact that the rest of the engine/frame is so narrow. in reality it probably won't be too much of an issue in terms of ground clearance for street riding; i can't imagine yamaha designed a completely new bike from the ground up only to screw up its ability to turn left. track might be a different matter.

·
Registered
56 Posts
yes, the alternator on the left side of the crank looks like it sticks out a lot, but i think that's at least partially due to the fact that the rest of the engine/frame is so narrow. in reality it probably won't be too much of an issue in terms of ground clearance for street riding; i can't imagine yamaha designed a completely new bike from the ground up only to screw up its ability to turn left. track might be a different matter.
i really hope there isnt any clearance issue on the track with this bike... i wanna see pics of it leaned over really far to see how close any engine part gets.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hahaaa!!...Sho ya right! And ya know since I’m always thinking Thinking THINKING….I wonder if I could fit that on a license plate: “CAN YOU DIG IT.” :)! Great Poster Nick…Takes me back a bit.

Reactions: NickJ

·
Registered
619 Posts
is this a new trend? (bottom pic) to put the horn above the turn signal switch? My Husky TR 650 does this too, and it's a PIA. someone cuts me off and I end up signalling for a right turn, or I go to turn and beep the damn horn. 30 years of muscle memory down the drain...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts