Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I just registered after pulling the trigger on my new Liquid Graphite FZ-09. Thanks to everyone for the informative posts and information on the forum. I spent a few weeks reading and researching everything I could regarding the 09. To anyone on the fence, I highly recommend that you pull the trigger as well! Best $7995 I have ever spent. I am 46 and contrary to what my wife says, I can still ride like I am 25, and this bike proves it. Have owned a couple dozen bikes in the last 40 years including a 93 GSXR750 in my twenties and a Valkyrie in my forties with a bunch of two stroke dirt and street bikes in between. I have to say that the 09 is hands down the most exciting bike that I have owned or been on. As for what happens at 5000 RPM in 2nd gear? This thing wheelies from 45mph to 75mph plus! It is flat out incredible. Short take review. Am I too old for this? 399 pounds, 115 Horsepower, 10.66 1/4 mile, second and third gear wheelies. He'll no! The fun is just beginning. This is a lightweight machine that is got a great riding position and is very flickable. Is that a word? Everything works as you would expect with the exception of the motor. It makes such usable power down low from gear to gear that short shifting it is just a blast. Or if you want to wind it out to 10000 rpm in each gear it pulls strong all the way. My summary is a the 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 is a revolutionary motorcycle that is light on its feet with a very comfortable and upright riding position that has some serious attitude. If you are on the fence about this bike, I highly recommend that you go get one. You will be glad that you did! Here come the accessories!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. When you say flickable we know what you mean so it's a word, the spell checker doesn't ride. Yep, the 09 is perky.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Welcome aboard RW. I feel the same way you do about the bike.

I have had mine about 3 weeks and put just over 500 miles on it.

I grew up on dirt bikes and the FZ feels like a CRF 450 with lots more power.

Enjoy your ride when Utah thaws out!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I couldn't have said it better, except that I am 54 and ride like I am 30, and I grin every time I loft the front wheel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Pulled up on the bars on the way to work in second gear again. Amazes me every time, as I set it back down at 70!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts