Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a new 2020 MT-09 this past weekend, and already love it. I've been looking for any excuse to ride, no matter how short! Upgraded from a midsize cruiser (Suzuki boulevard), so the riding experience is totally different, and it really is exactly what I expected.

Anyway, totally stock besides my old tank bag and will probably stay that way for the rest of the year, but first things will be a tail tidy, smaller LED turn signals and then maybe controls and exhaust.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Just picked up a new 2020 MT-09 this past weekend, and already love it. I've been looking for any excuse to ride, no matter how short! Upgraded from a midsize cruiser (Suzuki boulevard), so the riding experience is totally different, and it really is exactly what I expected.

Anyway, totally stock besides my old tank bag and will probably stay that way for the rest of the year, but first things will be a tail tidy, smaller LED turn signals and then maybe controls and exhaust. View attachment 166212
Very noice - but you've gotta get rid of that heavy and fugly rear-mounter OE fender! ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very noice - but you've gotta get ride of that heavy and fugly rear-mounter OE fender! ;)
Absolutely! That's #1 on the list. Wife was upset with how much was spent total after taxes and fees. I was originally looking at a MT-07, and decided to upgrade while at the dealer. Gotta wait a few months before I spent any more on updates/upgrades

·
Registered
642 Posts
Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the forum! The rear fender does make wheel removal a royal pain in the arse but it is functional in that is reduces spray when on wet roads. I ditched mine in order to use lightech style chain adjusters...downside is the rooster tail of spray that trashes my back and tail light! I sure wish there was a proper rear fender that hugged the tire and offered good protection!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nice bike! Big step up in performance from a midsize cruiser bike. Take it easy and get used to the power delivery, quick steering response and stronger braking.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The more you ride it the more you'll like it. It's definitely a change from what you had, this bike will handle soooooo much better. Just wait until you get into some nice twisties!

Where you located? Might be someone on the board in the vicinity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The more you ride it the more you'll like it. It's definitely a change from what you had, this bike will handle soooooo much better. Just wait until you get into some nice twisties!

Where you located? Might be someone on the board in the vicinity.
I'm located in North San Diego County

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
Nice intro and welcome.
When this forum started there were a bunch of folks riding 09s where you live.
Great place with some neat roads.
Anyway, enjoy your visits here and please share you experiences with us.

·
Super Moderator
4,411 Posts
That is an exciting color combo. Nothing like a shiny new toy to remind you that life is good. Send more pictures and don't go too wild.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts